Really very disappointed.

I have been with the Apha for months battling along with millions of bugs, and as most of you Love the graphics and it flies

well But it has so Many Bugs, the fleas in a camel's ass are nothing compared.

Setting up the controls is easy but the nomenclature is probably "EnglisFrench"

whatever that is. I set up all the controls and everything went smoothly But on the next

start they were Gone!!...This thing is still very Alpha, they should have waited a while to

sort out some So basic stuff but I guess the Money started getting thin somewhere.

Where is the SDK?, has anyone found it?...I'll keep paddling but this should have come

with a Spitfire RR engine not this three cylinder doodlebug. Oh great the non existing Manual

or pamphlet...So sorry state.---By the way you can change the default "funeral home music" for another noty so hot but more "airplanish"!....

Edited by sky44

Where to begin. Day one and I flew from home airport, cruised along the coast of Chicago and felt as if this was a great order of magnitude more immersive than FSX ever was.

Yes, sounds bleak.

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

I agree Frank, it is so much better than FSX. I too was an Alpha/beta tester & I am not disappointed at all!

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Dont even know where the SDK is?

and they chose yoh as Alpha?

big mistake

Im sure thats the reason few bugs were detected.

The testers were not experient pilots/simmers

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Dont even know where the SDK is?

and they chose yoh as Alpha?

big mistake

Im sure thats the reason few bugs were detected.

The testers were not experient pilots/simmers

That’s a little uncalled for, especially when not familiar with the alpha testing. The SDK was not available to most of the alpha and beta testers.

Where do you find the Developer mode? Thank You

Don’t have the link handy (on mobile at the moment), but there’s a guide in the official forums on how to enable the developer mode. I posted the link in another thread, but forget which one.

I'm actually impressed with the sim. The launch was horrible. It was delayed all of 10 minutes after midnight and finally getting everything downloaded took some time, longer than other titles. But once I got past the loading screen freeze loop and download the sim is excellent.

If you have a modern HOTAS from a popular vendor, Thrustmaster or Logitech, the HOTAS is already preconfigured how it should be. My TM Warthog is default ready to fly an A-10C which I thought was fantastic. Just mapped three additional keys and I was ready to go.

Well worth the money for Standard Edition.

Where do you find the Developer mode? Thank You

Developer Mode is enable at the bottom of the menu on the left (forgot what it's called, I think "General". A submenu appears at the top to turn Development Mode "ON". Then, select "Help" up top and select "Download SDK".

Having flown a few aircraft and looked around FS2020 this is my initial reaction. Nice graphics. Decent flight dynamics. Short on instructions. Camera definitely not set up for video or screen shots. At least I haven't discovered how to do smooth transition views.

Disappointed in the airport environment immersion. Haven't discovered how to get airport vehicles to function with the aircraft or any of the ground freight/fuel vehicles not to mention sorting aircraft openings.

I was given a bozo name and image for my x-box profile and have yet to figure out how to get rid of it for something more appropriate for someone over ten.

Someone mentioned getting rid of the funeral music. Where and how?

If anyone has found solutions to my disappointments, please educate me.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I was given a bozo name and image for my x-box profile and have yet to figure out how to get rid of it for something more appropriate for someone over ten.

If anyone has found solutions to my disappointments, please educate me.

See the link below to change your Xbox gamertag.

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

I have been with the Apha for months battling along with millions of bugs, and as most of you Love the graphics and it flies

well But it has so Many Bugs, the fleas in a camel's ass are nothing compared.

I agree...

But do you remember FSX on day one?

FSX/Prepar3D has become rosey in everyone's memory because it was so long ago, and you've long since fixed all the headaches. Some via official patches, and some 3rd party 'Must have'.

FSX was a turd on launch, and not even slightly polished.

This one is pretty good really, with some really stunning missteps, and blunders... But -- At least it runs pretty well, right up till it freezes.

They'll work it out, it'll be fine. Don't worry.

There's little doubt many people are having issues and some of the problems it shipped with mean this should really have been put out as early access. The price tag is also somewhat steep given the initial issues.

However up and running on average hardware with, I have to say, no issues I am thoroughly enjoying the GA experience flying over territory which looks instantly recognisable, without having to load £100's worth of add on VFR scenery. The good stuff will come, add ons from PMDG or Just Flight which have decent flight models and proper functioning autopilots. the important thing is we have a new platform to fly on which doesn't require computer trickery to get running or a white lie to qualify for purchasing.

Vern.

I'm actually impressed with the sim. The launch was horrible. It was delayed all of 10 minutes after midnight and finally getting everything downloaded took some time, longer than other titles. But once I got past the loading screen freeze loop and download the sim is excellent.

If you have a modern HOTAS from a popular vendor, Thrustmaster or Logitech, the HOTAS is already preconfigured how it should be. My TM Warthog is default ready to fly an A-10C which I thought was fantastic. Just mapped three additional keys and I was ready to go.

Well worth the money for Standard Edition.

Yes the launch was horrible. Well the DL & installation. My computer started connection to the product at 21:05hrs California time (0405 UTC) Monday night the 17th, and didn't end the whole thing until 04:10hrs PDT (1110 UTC) Tuesday morning the 18th.

That's a little longer than I was hoping for, but the important thing is that installation is now over, and I can move on and enjoy it.

I'm not disappointed in the sim, I know it requires tweaking settings over time. I'm enough of a realist to know that my computer is probably in about the 45th to 55th percentile compared to the whole range of computers that can run this thing... potatoes at the 0th %'ile and Bill Gates' at 100th.

I know which sliders to move leftbound, based on what I'd like to highlight.

I guess the most annoying thing is the complete unfamiliarity of the default joystick/keyboard/mouse assignments. I had my favorite "pet settings" for FS9, FSX, P3D, and X-Plane 7. (Yes you read that right... X-Plane 7). First time out, I couldn't even get off the ground, because I couldn't figure out how to release the parking brake! Logic would say the P key? Well not this time, so I have learning to do.

The globe interface is absolutely gorgeous. The weather looks a tad weak on my computer, but that's on me. What I'll do is slam the airplane textures and cockpit textures all the way down, and bring cloud stuffs all the way up to ultra.

The secret as I see it, is you can't have everything you want, but you can get the best of what you really want, if you know what you don't care so much about, and are willing to make sacrifices in those areas, and slide them to the left.

Can anyone tell me what the ATC is like now in this new Sim compared to FS2004 and FSX? Is it still mundane, or is there real holding patterns, SID and STARS and all the rest? LOL That's what I was really hoping for. Though, if it's not there now, perhaps a future update will bring the capability.

You can ditch the music in Options - General - Sounds. There isn't as choice to turn it off ( although there are two alternatives) but at the bottom of the page you can set the volume to zero.

On the dumb x-box live names I was something like BlazingOrc2736 but you can go into to https://account.xbox.com/Profile and change your gamer name and profile picture.

Can anyone tell me what the ATC is like now in this new Sim compared to FS2004 and FSX? Is it still mundane, or is there real holding patterns, SID and STARS and all the rest? LOL That's what I was really hoping for. Though, if it's not there now, perhaps a future update will bring the capability.

On first look it seems pretty much the same as FSX to me except that on my first IFR flight I lost the sound of ATC on a few messages (they were still in the text window). The flight planner has SIDs and STARs built in.

I don't think the ATC is that sophisticated (yet). Messages seem very erratic and taxiing to the parking at Bournemouth I had two AI heavies taxi straight towards me with no warning from ground to any of the aircraft. So I would say it's worse than FS9 or FSX default ATC.
Vern.