Yoke configuration not working

I've been trying to use my old faithful CH-Product Yoke with FS2020, but I can't seem to configure it.

There is no default configuration for this very popular yoke (not surprised, they want you to buy a new one!). But the config screen is unresponsive to the axies/buttons (when you press a button to assign it to the command). I assigned a Joystick L-Z-axis to the throttle, and within the sim nothing happens.

Anybody with any luck with this? Or would someone be charitable enough to publish somewhere their default config that works?

Thanks!

neither mine

had to configure all inputs manually

hat switch as well

remember Y is aileron and you must chose the left panel, theres is an equal column to the right for those who have double commands, if you are single pilot all your settings must go in the left column

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I can´t solve this until now.

I can't either. I find it incredible that MS2020 has not been set up to configure this yoke.

The program asks you to configure it manually, but I cannot work out how to do it. Can anyone give me some hints on this?

Nick

I reebooted computer and Flight Sim and all of a sudden it works....

I made sure winthin Windows' "set up USB game controllers" that the yoke is responsive and calibrated.

Controls are not assigned, so a previous posters said, make sure you assign your controls to the left column. There are two columns, for dual controls.

Frustrating.... Now that it's done, I wish there was a way for me to share it with you guys!

I just bought a CH Flight Sim Yoke USB, and yes, there is NO PROFILE in MSFS 2020 for probably the most widely sold flight yoke - but thats for another thread.

I contacts CH and they said it's up to MS to provide the profile, and then told me how to map the yoke to the controls. Well, I'd already done that. I also logged a support request with MSFS for a Control Profile, but I'm guessing I won't be hearing from them for a while. But if we flood them with this request we might become a squeaky wheel :)

Anyway, I've attached an snippet of my xls spreadsheet of my mappings. I made if for the Cessna 172, but there are lots of places to add more for other aircraft. It's very basic, but it will get you in the air.

I've included the mapping paths to make it easier.

PS. The Mixture and Prop Angle need to be in the middle to start.

Feel free to use and improve and please share your ideas.

MSFS 2020 CH Flight Sim Yoke Control Profile.png

Edited by stempski

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

I just bought a CH Flight Sim Yoke USB, and yes, there is NO PROFILE in MSFS 2020 for probably the most widely sold flight yoke - but thats for another thread.

I contacts CH and they said it's up to MS to provide the profile, and then told me how to map the yoke to the controls. Well, I'd already done that. I also logged a support request with MSFS for a Control Profile, but I'm guessing I won't be hearing from them for a while. But if we flood them with this request we might become a squeaky wheel :)

Anyway, I've attached an snippet of my xls spreadsheet of my mappings. I made if for the Cessna 172, but there are lots of places to add more for other aircraft. It's very basic, but it will get you in the air.

I've included the mapping paths to make it easier.

Feel free to use and improve and please share your ideas.

Great idea stempski, thanks! My axis assignments are the same, my buttons are as follows:

1 Left Trigger = Brakes

2 Right Trigger = Toggle Parking Brakes

3 Right Rocker-Left = Aileron Trim Left

4 Right Rocker-Right = Aileron Trim Right

5 Left Toggle-Up = Decrease Flaps

6 Left Toggle-Down = Increase Flaps

7 Right Toggle-Up = Retract Gear

8 Right Toggle-Down = Extend Gear

9 Left Red Button-Up = Toggle Cockpit View

10 Left Red Button-Down = Toggle External View

11 Left Rocker-Up = Elevator Trim Up

12 Left Rocker-Down = Elevator Trim Down

I find that these button settings can be used on all aircraft.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Great idea stempski, thanks! My axis assignments are the same, my buttons are as follows:

1 Left Trigger = Brakes

2 Right Trigger = Toggle Parking Brakes

3 Right Rocker-Left = Aileron Trim Left

4 Right Rocker-Right = Aileron Trim Right

5 Left Toggle-Up = Decrease Flaps

6 Left Toggle-Down = Increase Flaps

7 Right Toggle-Up = Retract Gear

8 Right Toggle-Down = Extend Gear

9 Left Red Button-Up = Toggle Cockpit View

10 Left Red Button-Down = Toggle External View

11 Left Rocker-Up = Elevator Trim Up

12 Left Rocker-Down = Elevator Trim Down

I find that these button settings can be used on all aircraft.

Hi follow simmers,

I use almost the same settings that here above but, I use

1 Left Trigger= Toggle ATC window (like a Mic button), will be used to speech when available

2 Left Trigger = Toggle cockpit/external view

9 Left Red Button-Up= Autopilot Disconnect (or Autopilot Toggle)

10 Left Red Button-Down= Flight Director Toggle

This resemble the most of the IRL yoke setup on my Piper Meridian.

Hope this helps

Best regards,

• 1 month later...

Ch products mapped properly and respond until a plane is on the ground and then nothing is responsive. Game Controllers window is all good as well. I have flown X-Plane for 2 years on the computer with these controls with no issues.

Any suggestions about what little thing that has been overlooked?