Where is it installed? stucked in opening screen

Mine is stucked in the opening screen.

Dont see a progress downloading %

Dont see where its installing

Last week I said this sim looked as a closed software with nothing open to the user, less to mention SDK

and people told me dont worry, you will be able to install wherever you want it will open to freeeware etc

Lets hope I am wrong and you are right

D5E8B500-8CE4-4A06-B0BA-C11AF21987DC.jpeg

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

My download did the same thing about 4 times. Nice funeral music while nothing happened. I shut it down and went to the Windows 10 Apps and restarted it a couple of times. Went through the startup screens then suddenly it opened a new download for aircraft and tutorials etc. It is another 95GB of downloads so I reckon at 35Gb download speed it will be a while. I did have a new 500gb SSD just for MS2020 so thats where its going at the moment.. Max

Just tried to upload screen shot but cant do it,

Annotation 2020-08-18 134457.jpg

Edited by Scottyms

See the link below for how to edit the default location for Microsoft Store apps.

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Default-Installation-Location-on-Windows-10

After an app is installed you go to Apps and Features and move it as well. MSFS should also allow you to select where it installs the additional files it downloads. And from within the sim you can set the location and size of the rolling cache too.

As for the SDK, the guide below covers how to enable developer mode and download it.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-getting-started-with-the-sdk-dev-mode/123241

I didnt have to move it. There was an option to install to a different directory or hard drive> Just made a new :Flight Sim: directory on my new SSD and sent it there for install..

Going to take a while to DL. nearly two hours now and about 10% showing as downloaded with a 35GB download speed

Edited by Scottyms

See the link below for how to edit the default location for Microsoft Store apps.

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Default-Installation-Location-on-Windows-10

After an app is installed you go to Apps and Features and move it as well. MSFS should also allow you to select where it installs the additional files it downloads. And from within the sim you can set the location and size of the rolling cache too.

As for the SDK, the guide below covers how to enable developer mode and download it.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-getting-started-with-the-sdk-dev-mode/123241

Ok, thanks for the help

downloading now to the SSD

as with everybody else, it will take a couple of hours

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

had exactly the same issue installing to the C drive - I didnt change any of the default installation location, so dont think choosing another drive is the issue. this is the download from Microsoft Xbox for PC beta.

1st time running it just crashed

2nd time it just stopped with the music playing and had to end task

3rd time it froze at exactly same spot with the blue bar as you and had to end task

4th time took me to the content manager screen and is now installing

phew...!

Edited by gingertips

annoying it doesnt give you option to mute the music before it starts updating....but if you are using Windows 10, go into SOUND in control panel, select "App volume device preferences" under the "Advanced sound options" & you can set the volume for Microsoft Flight Simulator to 0, whilst keeping all the other sounds at 100 Edited by gingertips