Now that we have real world scenery how about bringing back hamburger runs? Members can leave flight plans...IFR, VFR or just pilotage. They can be real world ones that they have flown, or just memorable ones they have done in the sim. Its a great way to see where the locals are flying, and to find those hidden gems.

Interesting suggestion but certainly not new! Two or three years ago An Around The World In 80 Days "adventure" was featured online. Though I admit I don't remember the site that did it. Probably based on some of the expressions used in the instructions, a German vendor.

The concept was people signed up to travel by sim to every spot Fogg went to in the book. Then we provided screenies, descriptions, even some RW pictures etc. of our travels. Various sim platforms, many not related to flying at all, plus X-plane, FS-9, FSX, P3D, Railroading, and I can't even remember what all else.

The event started on the first day of Fogg's trip but sadly, because of complaints people couldn't complete it in the original 80 days, never truly finished. In fact about two or so months after the original finish date everyone just tuned it out.

There were some wonderful posts with screen shots, maps, etc. and more than one person successfully wove a story, including star actors into it. One guy, "Wanderlust," or something similar told such a compelling story that a lot of people anxiously awaited his next post! If you remember Boris and Nastasha from the Rock and Bullwinkle series, that's the type of cloak and dagger format he used.

Most people flew various aircraft from SSTS to Piper Cubs. But any sim form that could move and provide screen shots was allowed. Submarines, not the one in P3D, aircraft carriers, cargo ships, mule trains, etc. were featured for various legs of the event. I saw several sims based on transport choices I didn't know existed included!

Personally my main vehicle was the HondaJet. But I also flew more than one plane equipped with floats and various other GA aircraft.

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Interesting suggestion but certainly not new! Two or three years ago An Around The World In 80 Days "adventure" was featured online. Though I admit I don't remember the site that did it. Probably based on some of the expressions used in the instructions, a German vendor.

The concept was people signed up to travel by sim to every spot Fogg went to in the book. Then we provided screenies, descriptions, even some RW pictures etc. of our travels. Various sim platforms, many not related to flying at all, plus X-plane, FS-9, FSX, P3D, Railroading, and I can't even remember what all else.

The event started on the first day of Fogg's trip but sadly, because of complaints people couldn't complete it in the original 80 days, never truly finished. In fact about two or so months after the original finish date everyone just tuned it out.

There were some wonderful posts with screen shots, maps, etc. and more than one person successfully wove a story, including star actors into it. One guy, "Wanderlust," or something similar told such a compelling story that a lot of people anxiously awaited his next post! If you remember Boris and Nastasha from the Rock and Bullwinkle series, that's the type of cloak and dagger format he used.

Most people flew various aircraft from SSTS to Piper Cubs. But any sim form that could move and provide screen shots was allowed. Submarines, not the one in P3D, aircraft carriers, cargo ships, mule trains, etc. were featured for various legs of the event. I saw several sims based on transport choices I didn't know existed included!

Personally my main vehicle was the HondaJet. But I also flew more than one plane equipped with floats and various other GA aircraft.

Michael

Yes I remember that. By all means take screenshots as part of the flight plan... especially for pilotage...but can also be as simple as dropping a route for IFR and VOR too.