Where Are the Scenery Files Stored in FSX?

Mac6737

My FSX Scenery Library shows a "Washington X Demo." Where is it on my hard drive? It does not appear in FSX/Scenery.

At this time, I have both FSX and P3D v. 4.5 on my PC. I have installed the Drzewiecki Design Washington Demo in P3D, and wanted to compare it with the default in FSX. Well, that won't work, because I must have replaced the default with "Washington X Demo," whatever that is. I don't believe it is the Drzewiecki product because it looks different -- and better, IMO.

Mac6737

My FSX Scenery Library shows a "Washington X Demo." Where is it on my hard drive? It does not appear in FSX/Scenery.

Clicking on Edit Area in the Scenery Library will tell you the name of the directory the scenery is in.

If that doesn't give enough detail for you, open the scenery.cfg file in a text editor and find the information there.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thanks, guys. Turns out I had installed the Wash demo in both sims, but had forgotten about FSX. It's in "Add-on Scenery" in both sims. What threw me off was that the install into P3D creates a folder in User\Docs\P3D Add-ons that contains no actual scenery files!

Mac6737