Landing light beams aimed sideways

I downloaded Bob Chicilo's update to SCS's Tu-124 for FSX available here http://tupolevtu-124upx.zip and it's a pleasant airplane to fly. However it does seem to have an interesting issue I can't resolve. When the landing lights are illuminated, the beams go out sideways under the wing, rather than forward. This applies to both the landing lights and taxi beams. I've researched Google, FSDevelopers, and various other forums and no joy. The "bulb" locations appear close to being correct, it's just that the aiming is 90 degrees off. Anyone have any ideas how to remedy? Many thanks in advance..........Terry Edited by simtech95209
Added info and d/l link

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Here are FSX default controls for landing lights...

Landing Light (Center): Ctrl + Shift + NUM 5

Landing Light (Tilt Down): Ctrl + Shift + NUM 2

Landing Light (Tilt Left): Ctrl + Shift + NUM 4

Landing Light (Tilt Right): Ctrl + Shift + NUM 6

Landing Light (Tilt Up): Ctrl + Shift + NUM 8

Landing Lights (On/Off): Ctrl + L

Perhaps this will work with your Tu-124

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hi Terry,

My thoughts probably won't help you much but for what it's worth, here goes.

If the landing light illumination is caused by an effects file (eg. fx_landing.fx) file, then I believe those can be opened up with notepad and edited. Amongst other things, I think such files have parameters around the direction of effect. You would have to investigate to see what the file being called is, and I think you can find it in the aircraft.cfg file.

This might be worth investigating. However, as these files are called upon by all sorts of different aircraft, if you make amendments to suit the new download, you'll break it for all other aircraft.

I'm probably wrong but hey, this might be useful to you! I actually really like dogdish's earlier idea as well.

If you are going to experiment on any fx files, please do make a backup!!

Trent

The landing light beams are part of the model, when the model is being created a polygon is used to represent the light beam and the axis of these polygons are set to determine the direction of the light beams, it appears that the axis may be wrong.

Many thanks to all who responded. I really appreciate the insight.

Dogdish: I saw those keys before but the only affect I can get is the Ctrl-L...Lights on/off

I can't get any movement with any of the other keystrokes.

BlueSox14: You're correct the effect seems to be the fx_landing... but all the other a.c work fine.

PaulCraig: My gut told me this was the case and I was hoping that I had misremembered this tidbit from long ago. It makes sense since (??) other a/c using the fx files are working ok.... Thank you again for all who responded..It's a good d/l excepting it's limited to daylight operations.

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro