DXTBMP Converting Tool

Stewie

HELP! I'm trying to use this tool to convert some of the great repaints that can be found in FSX for FS9. Of course the FSX file only has a .dds texture file, whereas FS9 has (2) L.bmp and T.bmp . This program does not have a tutorial and I have no idea how to use it to convert this one file into the 2 that I need for my FAIB 737-700. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone stays healthy and safe.

Stewie

You may find that the dds file is 2048x2048 pixels when your aircraft requires a 1024x1024 file, so you will need to use picture editing software to reduce the size before using DXTBMP to save the file as a dxt3 file. The L.bmp file is just used to apply night time lighting. You may find that you can just copy the equivalent file from another texture folder for the same aircraft. If there is no L.bmp file you will still get the aircraft, but with no lights through the windows.

Hi

Remember if your converting from a FSX DDS file format, you will have

to flip the image for an FS9 format, otherwise it will be back to front ;)

Have a look at the following page, if you go the bottom of the page and

click on the link, you can download a PDF that should help you with

texture conversions and optimising,

https://www.simforums.com/forums/guide-mipmapping-and-optimising-textures_topic52893.html

cheers

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

• 3 years later...