Deleted flights

westway

I am having 2 new issues with my FSX/Acceleration in Windows 10. When I save a flight as my new default flight then proceed to close out of FSX and at a later time go back into FSX the new saved default flight does NOT save but reverts to the previous saved flight. Secondly, when I open saved flights, previous flights that I deleted did not delete but re-appeared in the "load" flights file where I had deleted them.

Did you install FSX in the default location (Microsoft Games)? If so, that's in a "protected" area, and Win 10 doesn't allow much to be done there. It would be better to install in a root folder somewhere, so that the Win 10 user access control doesn't bite you with permission problems.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Regarding the deletion of saved flights, it's probably better to delete the actual FS saved flight files from the "Flight Simulator X Files" folder which should be located in your "Documents library".

Interesting information, however both problems are recent and were NEVER a issue before a few days ago.

I am having 2 new issues with my FSX/Acceleration in Windows 10. When I save a flight as my new default flight then proceed to close out of FSX and at a later time go back into FSX the new saved default flight does NOT save but reverts to the previous saved flight. Secondly, when I open saved flights, previous flights that I deleted did not delete but re-appeared in the "load" flights file where I had deleted them.

Use FSUIPC. The current payware allows one to persevere with the selected flt. On P3dv4.5 I use it and load direct to the sim....

But as PAULCRAIG suggests, why not just delete the unnecessary flights?

any recent update?

Microsoft Operating System, ever changing now. Curtail your expectations and expect unexplained changes... everything seems to be chaotic these days. I try to not worry too much.... also one of the reasons I continue to use 7, and only keep 10 updated and available in case of emergency. At which time I will be expecting unexplained phenomena. I plan to keep fingernails shorter so I don't draw blood scratching my nearly-bald head...

Peace.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners