European Airlines Afternoon Flight Between Denmark and Germany

With the pandemic confinement keeping, or less, here and there in Europe along my European Airlines routes, I'm flying what I can. Here a short hop in the afternoon between Copenhagen Karstrup EKCH, Denmark and Franfkurt am Main Aiport, EDDF, Germany. Few passengers, a fine weather on the other hand!

carstru001.jpg

Pushback at Carstrup. Finally much planes there!

carstru002.jpg

One ahead of us to line up and takeoff

carstru003.jpg

After takeoff (oops! we had forgotten the landing lights)

carstru004.jpg

On the climb over the islands of Denmark

carstru005.jpg

Reaching to Germany and about level at FL240

carstru006.jpg

More weather as we approaching TOD

carstru007.jpg

Descending now to Frankfurt!

carstru008.jpg

Pax view on the descent

carstru009.jpg

'Approaching minimums!' to rwy 25R at Frankfurt, EDDF

carstru010.jpg

Tarmacs mostly void there!

carstru011.jpg

Closing to our assigned gate

carstru012.jpg

Parked! Our next step, and last for today, will be back to our hub in Brussels, Belgium

-- that European Airlines flight with:

.boxed FSX Gold Edition with the Acceleration Pack

.my plane, a Cantu/Kittyhawk Boeing 737-200ADV I tweaked under several aspects, and made liveries for; using the ENBSeries for FSX freeware to improve light bloom from inside the flightdeck, the pax or outside views

.some miscellaneous freeware improvements (tarmac textures, pax window view, and the like with some airport aprons, taxiways and runways improved by me from the FSX default) and the airports I flew to/from improved with photoreal textures through the freeware FS Earth Tiles software

.people on the tarmacs, my creation with personalized default FSX people

.weather with http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm FSXWX

.the freeware shader adjuster rdart78 and textures set

.flightplan with the FSX tool, or partly with the https://www.simbrief.com/ simBrief site

.flight doc accordingly, or not :) --

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Nice flight G'erard! But I found out long ago, even for simming, a checklist is nice to have and use. That's also a very impressive set of freeware you're using.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Awesome flight and narrative. I have to agree with Michael about the checklist. In the Baron and my last three landings, I almost forgot the gear because I was doing straight in approaches, no patterns or ILS so no cues except when the “idiot light” glows on the panel when the flaps are extended!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Rupert, Jan and DAVIDSTRAKA!

Sure that if our aviator predecessors invented checklists, that was not for nothing! :):) And like my instructor told me: 'The air is a medium unnatural to man.'

Rupert: yes, that's my philosophy since I went into computers and Internet -- and not only the FS franchise!! If all that is free, why should it have turned paying! :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net