Wittmunhafen to Heligoland

Looking for a little change of pace I thought I'd try something I haven't done in a while. Fly one of my own planes! I'm sure Daddy Jan will be thrilled. Though I may end up having to use his credit card again to refuel with.

Recently I've seen Heligoland airport mentioned more than once on posts. So I thought I'd go check it out. Turns out FSX, P3D, and ORBX don't htink too much of it. I can see by the coves it'd make an excellent place to moor your pleasurecraft in summer. Maybe I'll return some time in a sea-plane.

So this little flight is from Wittmunhafen Air Base out to the island airport EDXH on Heligoland in my King Air.

1  ETNT.jpg

2 ETNT.jpg

3 CLIMBING OUT.jpg

4 DEPARTING ETNT.jpg

5 APPROACHING EDWG.jpg

6 BASE TO EDWG.jpg

7 EDXH IN SIGHT.jpg

8 TURNING TO BASE.jpg

9 TOUCHDOWN EDXH.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Great flight in that King Air! Some rocking scenery also. I was looking at the rig specs you have there. Do the lights dim in town when you fire that thing up?? :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great flight in that King Air! Some rocking scenery also. I was looking at the rig specs you have there. Do the lights dim in town when you fire that thing up?? :cool:

No the lights stay on. Having said that, whenever I log into NewEgg to look for more goodies to add, my credit card hides!! And yes, I generally have scrapes on both hands from fooling around inside my computers. I cram those cases pretty full!

I currently have one computer taken back apart and found I put not one but two one 1Tb solid state hard drives in it. All I have to do now is figure out why it won't fire up. Probably the two hard drives each have Windows installed on them and are fighting with each other over which has control.

Michael

Thanks "Dad!"

I try to find the best scenery I can find. But I was more than a little disappointed EDXH was so poorly presented! That's as weak a presentation of scenery as any I've found especially using ORBX!!! Perhaps our friend G'erard can take a look at and improve on what scenery I've found to date!

I'm fairly proud of my computer and other electronic equipment building and repair skills. But I know and understand nothing about scenery!! If it isn't already there I haven't a clue.

Michael

Perhaps our friend G'erard can take a look at and improve on what scenery I've found to date!

Can't do anything about Orbx :) On the other hand, for varied parts of the world -- mostly for the U.S. and Canada -- they have a fine set of freeware airports. If not, the vast resource of Internet through a search engine ('FSX, such plane')

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net