PMDG 777 now available for P3D

vgbaron

PMDG has released the 777 for Prepar3D:

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/P3D/777LRF.html

The price is 89.99 USD until March 7th, then it goes up to 134.99 USD.

Looking good for P3D users who have missed their PMDG aircraft.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Finally. The price is good and I must say that VC is step up from CS 777.

Its funny that PMDG made all the noise about getting licensing right, P3D being a non-entertainment product and all and they write this in their manual:

"This manual is not assumed to provide operating procedures for use

on any aircraft and is written for entertainment purposes."

Win10 / 4790K@4.6 / 32GB / 3x980Ti SLI / 3x 4K Monitors

Orbx FTX Global Base + Vector + FS Global + REX Texture Direct + Soft Clouds

Finally. The price is good and I must say that VC is step up from CS 777.

Its funny that PMDG made all the noise about getting licensing right, P3D being a non-entertainment product and all and they write this in their manual:

"This manual is not assumed to provide operating procedures for use

on any aircraft and is written for entertainment purposes."

But the hypocrisy DOES allow them to charge full price to existing FSX customers even though it's fundamentally the same product. And then defend it by arguing that the `real` price will be even more after the initial offer period, as its not an entertainment product.

And that's not supposition, it's fact.

Randazzo, 8th Feb

When we announced development for P3D 18 months ago, we were very candid about the fact that our P3D products will be significantly more expensive than our FSX products. This is true because we envision P3D as

So the inconsistency implies either that

1: They couldn't be arsed to change the manual - or any other part of the product, so you ARE paying for the same product no matter what they claim.

or

2: As long as they're banking your money they don't care what anyone thinks and they can announce these double standards with impunity.

Welcome to the real world. Like it or not, that's the way it is. I don't personally use PMDG products, mainly because I do very little tube flying but they have made a corporate decision.

Tempest in a teapot, methinks.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Yikes! Looks like I won't be adding the 777 to P3D. That's why I will continue to use FSX as well.....the 777 loves it there :) I've been using P3D for smaller aircraft flying anyway.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

The cost benefit analysis is now swinging away from products that cost THAT much yet CANT be used for Training. Or entertainment, seemingly.

Whoah, ho, what IS IT good for? Absolutely nothing (name that tune).

I still use the Aerosoft Katana X to assist in keeping me current IRL. Its part of my academic study that I use P3D for. And its entertaining, too.

So I have no idea what bug is up PMDG's butt. If they design for P3D and what THAT amount of money, it had better be optimised, purpose-built, custom-modified and generally a darn sight better than it is. And if its an entertainment product, then why create a P3D model anyway? Profit above morals, one must conclude. If that is their real world, I want no part of it. And THAT is the way it is.

At the end of the day the scarce resource here is my money. Your money. OUR money. The huge advantage of `take it or leave it` economy is leaving it, and in so doing not getting taken by it.

You can still buy FSX for a few bucks. Shove the T7 in that and there you go. Dollars saved, conscience assuaged, and commercial lesson taught to those who really need to learn from it.

As long as there continue to be sufficient numbers purchasing the product as priced, the market model will be successful. As a purchaser, you have the choice to support or not. Speculation as to WHY any particular corporation prices a product is just that - speculation - unless you are involved with the decision.

I can't speak for PMDG but I am aware of developers who have both entertainment titles and commercial titles. If they happen to license data from an outside source, they are likely to run into licensing restrictions from THEIR suppliers - and that gets passed on.

It's not just a quick decision to change the installer so it works. there's a lot more going on with commercial vs entertainment than just the casual flightsimmer's usage.

It's always your call to support or not - I spent about the same for the EFB utility because I liked it - I wouldn't buy the 777 regardless of price because I don't fly tubes.

Vic

P3D Rig

The successful market model is one that persuades the like of ye and me to buy tubes.

Clearly this ain't it.

Ergo, NOT a successful business model.

The successful business model is one that correctly and accurately predicts the crossover point between market pricing and volume sales to provide maximum income and profit to the corporate entity.

Again, this ain't it. If it was fifty bucks less, it might persuade even me. But then I'd already own it and have kept FSX installed for the sole purpose of using it.

I still wouldn't be paying again for a portover.

5883062_f260.jpg

Archived