Bellanca Decathlon

ColR1948

Fictional paint on the Bellanca Decathlon, I got inspired by the cream Electra of aharon's I decided to do one myself but mine is a bit smaller lol.

The cream gives it a nice clean look as well, the aircraft was first introduced in 1970 in the USA, over 6000 built.

Bellanca Decathlon flight1.jpg

Bellanca Decathlon flight2.jpg

Bellanca Decathlon flight3.jpg

The Paint

Bellanca Decathlon paint.jpg

Col.

Nice work on the tail dragger! Like it :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what a cute aeroplane! Nice paints too

As for comments on the paint:

I agree on the spinner, either chrome or a matching color would have been better.

Also, the RAF never had painted rudders like that, just a small fin flash on the tail, but the French, they did have rudders like that, though they usually covered the entire rudder...oh well

If you use type C roundels, I would use a type C fin flash as well, so with a small white line.

I also think that the antiglare panel on the nose would look better if it was a bit smaller and just covered the top part of the nose.

But hey, that's just my two cents..

Edited by jankees

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

OK!

Now put a type B roundel on top of the wings (so without any white), and lower the fin flash to just above the elevator, a bit like this:

28469884457_6bab8d77ca_o.jpg

for a WW2 warbird look. On the other hand, for a postwar RAF aircraft, put type D roundels on all 6 positions, and give the fin flash a wider white part like this:

24919_0.jpg

Personally, I would extend the anti glare panel a bit more forward, and give it a rounded front

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

Thanks Jan, as you can tell I Know next to nothing about Military aircraft, I did the spinners on both plus added roundels, I will alter the tail flash next.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]214268[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]214269[/ATTACH]

Ahhh, that spinner looks so much better white! Very nice Col!

Rick :cool:

Lovely thread and nice repaints, Colin, the first one was more like inter-war era livery of the RAF (re: Jan Kees' comment) they did the rudder fin but also put the a/c number on it as well). You're doing an admirable job nonetheless.

example.jpg

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]