Sim objects

goat of mendes

sorry I meant the default aircraft. what I want to do ,is add or change the stock textures. Orbit and the like, so I can put BA QF and other real life planes at my airports. hope this is better explained ?

I don't think you really want to change the default ORBIT, etc textures. You want to ADD other aircraft textures (Real Life) like Delta, United, KLM, British Airways, etc.

And to verify, you are doing this in FS2004. Pretty much the same procedure in FSX.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?2045-How-To-Install-FS2004-Aircraft-Textures

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Right. There are two ways, one is to make your own textures, the other is to look for textures that have already been made. Replace the default textures with the new ones, keeping the default folder names is the easiest way to replace. These will fly on the same routes as the original defaults. To add means also making new flightplans for the new aircraft. If you do it this way, each new texture needs to have an additional entry in the aircraft.cfg file. A repaint usually has this ready made to cut and paste into the cfg file.

So, Goat (May I call you "Goat"?), you want to, for example, replace the Orbit textures with BA, the Emerald Air with the Qantas ones, and so on ... and that is all? So any reference, anywhere at all (including ATC), to Orbit, will actually be to BA? That will certainly work, per se, but I'm not sure whether that is the best way.

Going off at a tangent, I have made Qantas textures. vintage about 2000, for quite a few of the default planes. Qantas per se for the Boeing 737 and 777 (yes, I am aware that Qantas never flew the 777 and never will), and Qantaslink for several of the smaller ones. If you wish, if you PM me your email address I can email them to you.

Steve from Mudgee

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Sorry if you already know this but if not you will or can rename them in the aircraft.cfg file instead of:

ATC_Airline=Orbit you will need to change it to ATC_Airline=Speedbird

or what ever texture you choose for that aircraft then you will hear ATC calling Speedbird and when you see it it will be a British Airways, rather than ATC calling Orbit and seeing a British Airways.

sorry I meant the default aircraft. what I want to do ,is add or change the stock textures. Orbit and the like, so I can put BA QF and other real life planes at my airports. hope this is better explained ?

Instead of redoing default aircraft (Which you should not really do in FS2004 or FSX) what about using an AI program like WOAI to fill the skies and airports with real world aircraft. If you have enough packages installed they should replace all of the default aircraft at your airports.

Thanks for the replys. just downloaded WOAI . Maybe its just this old grey matter,or Im just not getting it .But I cant even get it to load onto my system. Its in a new WOAI folder as the docs say ,but cant get any further. anyone with patience walk me through it ?

Besides the different airline packages did you download the WOAI installer?

Mine is pointing at the WOAI zip file that I just downloaded and is sitting on my desktop. Mine shows it going into my FSX where yours should show going into FS2004.

woai.JPG

The packages from WOAI contain an aircraft and flight plans that need to go into their respective places in the Sim.

Sorry, it's been so long since I downloaded the installer. I see it goes to the AVSIM Library to get it. Are you registered there? It's here in our File Library also!

woains24.zip

Video of using the installer.

I was with AVsim, but I find this a better site,SORRY. In the WOAI I,ve downloaded I have AIFSContols dll,ICSharpcode dll AI sound FS airports both text. TTTools plus the installer. Please help what goes where? cause I,ve downloaded aircraft over the years no prob, but now I want to try other stuff . Maybe this old guy should know his limitations ?

I have all of the same stuff. I keep it all in a folder in MY Documents. I double click on the installer.exe when I want to install WOAI packages. Here is a screenshot of the stuff in that folder.

WOAI folder.JPG

You will not have any data files until you use the installer to install WOAI plans and planes. The data file is the installer log and must not be deleted once created. Mr Zippy had two data files, one for FS9 and one for FSX. The other is a bak file.

As long as you have all of the installer files in one folder WOAI should work normally. You don't say what operating system you are using. If it is Vista, Win7 or Win8, you must open the exe properties window and set it to Run as Administrator. This can be found near the bottom of the Compatibility tab. To access the properties window, right click the exe and Properties should be at the bottom of the list.

For the actual WOAI airline files I have two folders, one called waiting and one called installed, both of them as sub-folders of the initial WOAI installer folder.

I'm also using Win XP. Does your installer look anything like what I show. Kepp in mind that I use FSX. Since you are using FS2004, you should see the path in the 2nd drop-down line and the probably just airplanes folder at the bottom.

Once you see info in the proper lines hit next-click OK and then install. Let the installer do the work, don't manually install.

woai.JPG

...I get select which WOAI package to install . What do I put in there? a box for extract files for manual inst. And FS2004 path, what do I put in there?

Next to those 2 boxes, see the button with "..." on it?

Click on it.

For the top one navigate to, and click on, the WoAI package zip file you want to install.

I recommend you leave the "manual install" button unchecked.

As for the FS2004 path, is it correct? If not, click on the "..." button and navigate to the FS9 folder, the folder with FS9.exe in it.

This will insure that all of the files get put into the correct location.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived