Ozark Airlines repaints

Hi,

Just uploaded some repaints of Ozark Airlines from Missouri.

Here is the info:

Ozark Air Lines of Missouri, began scheduled services in 1950 using DC-3s between St. Louis and Chicago. They eventually created a vast route network spreading two-thirds of the USA. The name OZARK is said to derive from the French "Bois Aux Arc" - "Wood of Bows". Incidentally, the Ozarks are highlands that stretch across 5 states in Mid-America. Ozark Airline's logo of the 3 swallows was chosen because the birds are traditional symbols of safe travel and good luck. At the beginning, Ozark flew various pistons such as CV-240s, Martin 404s, and the DC-3s. Turboprop F-27/FH-227Bs were also used. By 1968 all their piston engine airliners were retired, and the FH-227Bs took their routes. Their first jet, a DC-9-10, was delivered in May 1966. Later on they used DC-9-30s, and MD-82s. In 1985 Ozark boasted a huge fleet of DC-9s, and passenger boardings topped the five million mark for the first time. Ozark was progressing very well. However, TWA was none too pleased with the competition from Ozark, so after applying heavy pressure on the airline from Missouri, they purchased it in 1986 and integrated it into their network.

Nice airline with an attractive livery, wouldn't you say Holmes!

check out the pics:

DC-3

1 Ozark DC-3.jpg

1a Ozark DC-3.jpg

DC-9-10 early livery

2 Ozark DC-9-10 early.jpg

2a Ozark DC-9-10 early.jpg

DC-9-10 final livery

3 Ozark DC-9-10 final.jpg

3a Ozark DC-9-10 final.jpg

DC-9-30 early livery

4 Ozark DC-9-30 early.jpg

4a Ozark DC-9-30 early.jpg

DC-9-30 final livery

5 Ozark DC-9-30 final livery.jpg

5a Ozark DC-9-30 final livery.jpg

MD-82

7a Ozark MD-82.jpg

7 Ozark MD-82.jpg

Continued......

I was unaware there was an Ozark Airline. Really like the paint! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Larry, Rick, Thanks for the accolades :)

Jan, yes I have seen your repaint of the Ozark DC-3 in the 1950s livery. Very nice as usual.

As for myself, I wasn't going to paint it as, apart from you, there are a few other repainters who have done it both on Jahn's excellent model, the MAAM Dc-3, and the default one as well. The repaints are of sound quality, which is why I didn't go ahead and do it myself.

David, I'm somewhat surprised you didn't know of Ozark's existence. They actually used to fly into your state's capital, Detroit :)

Col, what can one say. I think you did the right thing. We wouldn't want anything going to my head now, would we? LOL.

Anyway hope you enjoy the repaints.

David, I'm somewhat surprised you didn't know of Ozark's existence. They actually used to fly into your state's capital, Detroit :)

Well, I only moved up to Michigan in 2005, spent time in Missouri from 1994 to 2000. I guess they were in operation when I was in college from 1980 to 1984. I flew back and forth to Daytona Beach via Atlanta from Pittsburgh buring my college years on Eastern. I really can't recall Ozark. Interesting

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]