Have to use the rudder to keep aircraft straight on the runway?

sidfadc

Hi Reddair,

The fsx.cfg is a 'hidden' file. Some files are hidden from the user, by Windows, as they should only be touched when you know what you are doing.

How to show hidden files in Windows 7:

Control Panel->Folder Options-> View tab

Under Hidden files and folders check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".

Below that Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

FSX file locations:

fsx.cfg, dll.xml, and GrantedRewards.BIN, {C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX}

Your control settings = Standard.xml {C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls}

Logbook.BIN and Flight Plan files

{C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files}

scenery.cfg

{C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX}

Hey, back at you and thanks so much, but I am confused. I did undo the hidden files and now (Bless It!!) I figured out where the mysterious FSX CFG is --thanks to you. Who would know how to find it under "App Data" and "Roaming"--I would not. Problem is --where do I tamper with the line insert you suggested earlier. I seem to have 2 FSX.CFG files--both in Notebook (I assume the text one is just a copy) and then there is a separate "Controls" Folder, at top, you mentioned. I took this pic to show you what the FSX folder looks like to me. ?

Thanks from JR, so far.

FSX CFG FILE.jpg

As mrzippy says.

I gave the other file locations just as info. No need to do anything with those files now. Leave them alone, they are important for the correct functioning of fsx.

Some can do with adjusting at times, but again, only if you know what you are doing. And make a backup before you edit one.

Additionally, Many many windows files, and files of other programs are also hidden by default and you should definetly never mess with those.

So, once you have done your edit to the fsx.cfg and it was succesful, hide the "hidden files" again!

That way you can never accidentally delete something inportant.

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I seem to have 2 FSX.CFG files

Because you skipped a step...

How to show hidden files in Windows 7:

Control Panel->Folder Options-> View tab

Under Hidden files and folders check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".

Below that Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

When you complete that last step FSX becomes FSX.cfg and FSX.cfg becomes FSX.cfg.txt.

To make things simpler, when you see an FSX.cfg.txt, delete it. It does nothing for the sim and is only there for you to forward to Microsoft when FSX crashes and gives you the option to "tell Microsoft about it".

No need to tell them, nobody there to do anything about it anyway.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Yes, Yes you all are correct. I missed a step--corrected. Of course, in most computer mania situations I miss a step because I usually have trouble finding the staircase! I edited the file as il88pp instructed and it most definitely toned down the rudder. Now I cannot steer off the runway when landing. In fact, the ailerons are somewhat slack as well and it was difficult pitching up the nose on takeoff. I am going to play with the controller and game settings rather than abort the change and see what gives. Very interesting aspect of adjustment. ...And thanks for your patience and good will thus far.

J Redd

Archived