FSX Constant fatal error after repair

Speedbird ATC

So I listened to your advice and in order to fix my black screen issue (and many others) I opted to do a software repair. Now, any time I start FSX I get a fatal error at splash screen. Oh, and apperantly on this forum if you unknowingly break one rule in one post your whole thread goes bye bye :confused: (as in someone deleted my blackscreen thread)
Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

Your blackscreen thread went over the cliff when the foul language appeared.

Do not start another one concerning that issue.

I don't know what "I opted to do a software repair" means. FSX Disk one repair?

My stock repair statement:

The biggie with a Repair is any default file, including those default aircraft.cfgs with added liveries, that have been modified, tweaked, or otherwise changed, will be returned to default status.

You can make a copy of your existing FSX folder before the repair and paste those individual files back in afterwards.

IMPORTANT:

Acceleration Repair only fixes what the Acceleration expansion pack modifies/adds. It will not repair core FSX files.

If you have SP1, SP2, or Acceleration installed, they must be uninstalled before a repair attempt, and reinstalled, after the repair, or it won't work. Using Control Panel/Programs and Features, uninstall SP1, SP2, or, Acceleration until Microsoft Flight Simulator X version 10.0.60905.0(Deluxe) is all that remains.

Once you have your FSX up and running properly again, back it up, all of it.

You may need it again and it's a lot easier to copy/paste than a Repair or Re-Install...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

And here is the stock answer for FSX fatal errors.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

Below is just an example of what you will see!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Your blackscreen thread went over the cliff when the foul language appeared.

Do not start another one concerning that issue.

I don't know what "I opted to do a software repair" means. FSX Disk one repair?

My stock repair statement:

The biggie with a Repair is any default file, including those default aircraft.cfgs with added liveries, that have been modified, tweaked, or otherwise changed, will be returned to default status.

You can make a copy of your existing FSX folder before the repair and paste those individual files back in afterwards.

IMPORTANT:

Acceleration Repair only fixes what the Acceleration expansion pack modifies/adds. It will not repair core FSX files.

If you have SP1, SP2, or Acceleration installed, they must be uninstalled before a repair attempt, and reinstalled, after the repair, or it won't work. Using Control Panel/Programs and Features, uninstall SP1, SP2, or, Acceleration until Microsoft Flight Simulator X version 10.0.60905.0(Deluxe) is all that remains.

Once you have your FSX up and running properly again, back it up, all of it.

You may need it again and it's a lot easier to copy/paste than a Repair or Re-Install...Don

So you are saying if I get the issue again do not bother asking for help here? Wow the FS community really is a bunch of jerks...

What we are saying, is exactly what you read. I will add, you are very close to being permanently banned from these forums because of the attitude you've displayed here!

I will have no hesitation in doing such a ban!

Darrell

So you are saying if I get the issue again do not bother asking for help here? Wow the FS community really is a bunch of jerks...
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Paul, We tell him we are not going to discuss the black screen thread any longer and you bring it up?? :rolleyes: ...Don

If the result of inspecting the Event Viewer indicates the "Faulting Module" is unknown, then again, this indicates you have crashing add-on(s) which will no longer work at all when the FSX files have returned to their default values.

The Event viewer only displays the first fault which causes a crash. You may have to fix multiple faults before the crashes go away.

-Pv-

Tags: FSX splash screen crash event viewer gold acceleration repair

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Here is the faulting module name: simprop.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb59

I do apologize for my bad attitude, (no really, I do) but what do I do if I do get the issue again? just curious...

I went thru my notes on errors and the only "fix" for simprop.dll that I have recorded is a Repair. Did you do the Repair as I outlined in my first reply? That is the only method that assures a "Good" repair.

As for your other issues(and this one) use the search function to get info...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

All,

The fix for a simprop.dll error is to do both the base FSX Repair and do an Acceleration install Repair. Most forget to do the Acceleration Repair.

Since you have to remove Acceleration to do a proper FSX repair, and then reinstall Acceleration, why would you need to ever do an Acceleration repair?

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Since you have to remove Acceleration to do a proper FSX repair, and then reinstall Acceleration, why would you need to ever do an Acceleration repair?

Because to do a proper Repair, you don't need to uninstall Acceleration. In fact, you don't need to uninstall anything.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Because to do a proper Repair, you don't need to uninstall Acceleration. In fact, you don't need to uninstall anything.

Any file that SP1, SP2, or, Acceleration updates from the original core FSX will be returned to FSX RTM/Deluxe default status. Uninstalling SP1, SP2/Acceleration, doing the Repair, and re-installing them assures you that you are fully returned to your target status...Don

Sorry, but only if they are missing or corrupt. For example, a texture replacement such as GEX would not be touched because the files are named the same and are not missing or corrupt.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

My basic development rig:

FSX Deluxe SP2 fsx.exe

Size: 2.56 MB (2,691,920 bytes)

Size on Disk: 2.57 MB (2,695,168 bytes)

Dated: Saturday, ‎September ‎09, ‎2006, ‏‎6:15:01 AM

My everyday FSXA

FSX Acceleration fsx.exe

Size: 2.61 MB (2,744,384 bytes)

Size on Disk: 2.62 MB (2,748,416 bytes)

Dated: Wednesday, ‎September ‎26, ‎2007, ‏‎5:09:46 PM

The Deluxe Disk 1 Repair function does not know that FSX SP2 or Acceleration even exists.

I'm not sure, but, I believe that the Repair looks at file dates and sizes.

Waaaaayyyyy back, I had a problem on my old rig and ran the Disk 1 Repair on my FSXA install...Worms. My Naval Aviation stuff no longer worked properly, among other quirks.

I made a copy of my FSX folder(Dated Back-up), removed FSXA, re-ran the Repair, Re-installed Acceleration and all was good. That is my first hand experience. YMMV...Don

Maybe because I forgot to uninstall acceleration when I did the repair?

That’s a bummer with the FSX. I just have to re-install Yesterday :( -- the FSX -- after so many years of adding Scenery and planes just because I encounter a terrible problem with the "Lukas v3 with slope Air strip"...Addon Sceney. it was not possible to fix it "After deleting the Luklas scenery wich it does not have a unstall to the exe file, it got worst, then the "Fatal error comes to the issue of “No return” and the pain of uninstalling the FSX is terrible, over 16 gigs of files from you CPU and then install again killing 3 hours on your desk. I did have the “No space or memory” but I just hit continue and the Installation was complete.

My Mistake was... Acceleration installed, they must be uninstalled before a repair attempt

THIS IS an Up-date Problem with a New CPU (2-12-2017) Windows 10 Install FSX with the BOX Key # 1and 2 disk then the Accelerator program No Key asking to add (Acceleration have a different Key) Windows 10 Respond Installation was success install. work ok until few crashes then run you off "need to Activate the FSX ,Again? I uninstall the Acceleration Pack. the FSX now running at 3 to 6 f/s (my new CPU is a HP 12g of mem Intel i5-6400) No key ask to re-install the acceleration, I decide to uninstall the complete FSX. Now start all over again this time Window 10 don't allowed to install FSX. way ??? Don't know what to do now, (if someone can help, I appreciated very much. This is the only thing I have use as my best simulation ever most of my life since 1982)

Archived