DC-2 no smoke

I forgot I had this aircraft, anyway got it fired up in the sim and as the engines started at first I thought it was good seeing all that smoke coming from them, but it never stopped and to me it spoiled it.

So got busy tracking down the problem, a bit of aircraft.cfg tweaking and I cracked it, this is the RAAF version.

RAAF DC-2 flight1.jpg

RAAF DC-2 flight 2.jpg

Looking good! :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Jan FSX Gold boxed with acceleration on Windows 10.

Also I downloaded a few textures for it but they are different to what textures I already have and it says they are the 'int' model.

I did a search but couldn't find it, although one site said it was there to download but it seemed a bit dodgy and wanted me to install something else first so I left it.

I don't understand, I have the same FSX but with windows 7 professional 64. Your DC-2 prop disc is also not good. Here's my DC-2: It's the MAAM DC-2 for Fs9 and FSX: (windows 10 may be the problem, I had the same (and lots of other) problems so I deleted Windows 10 again

After that: no problems.

Please click on the pic to enlarge:

05.jpg

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Much better Col! I don't know what is best DDS or BMP, as I don't know that much about either! I believe most of my C-47 and default DC-3 are dds for texture files. I haven't had to concern myself one way or the other, as I have had no issues what so ever! AND, I too like Jan, have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and I will continue using it until it won't work for me anymore!

So glad you are back in business Col! Rick :cool:

I used to have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I got used to it, I liked it. I have it on disk but when I installed it again after the crash it asked me to register it, which I did but it wouldn't accept the number, got a message saying it had been used too many times.

That was true as I had put it on a few of my older machines plus a few laptops, all belonging to me by the way, so in the end I upgraded to Windows 10.

I'm not keen on it to be honest and would love to have Windows 7 again but I don't fancy going through all the saving of files and installing again.

Col.