FSX starts to stutter at the end of long flights

doing some FSpassngers flights, started a 8hr flight and when at 1 hour of flight left the game starts to freeze every 5 seconds, i looked into my task manager and fsx cpu usage is at normal 50% and then it drops to 0% and stays there for 20 seconds its really annoying the second time it happened to me someone know what could the problem be?

doing some FSpassngers flights, started a 8hr flight and when at 1 hour of flight left the game starts to freeze every 5 seconds, i looked into my task manager and fsx cpu usage is at normal 50% and then it drops to 0% and stays there for 20 seconds its really annoying the second time it happened to me someone know what could the problem be?

Running out of VRAM? Try pausing the sim for 30 seconds and watch the drive light flicker as RAM is recovered.

When it stops flickering, unpause and continue the flight...

Your on FSX for 8 straight hours?

Are you on a x64 operating system?

FSX Virtual Address Space (VAS) probably gets close to full. If you got Prepar3D, this would probably not be a concern.

Even a real pilot would probably need to use the restroom. Can't you save your flight (restroom break), restart FSX and continue?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Your on FSX for 8 straight hours?

Are you on a x64 operating system?

FSX Virtual Address Space (VAS) probably gets close to full. If you got Prepar3D, this would probably not be a concern.

Even a real pilot would probably need to use the restroom. Can't you save your flight (restroom break), restart FSX and continue?

am using time acceleration, x64 OS, how do i check VAS and what to do if it gets full, and sadly cant save flights on fspassengers

am using time acceleration, x64 OS, how do i check VAS and what to do if it gets full, and sadly cant save flights on fspassengers

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/504828-reduce-vas/

For FS Passengers

http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/archive/index.php?thread-11832.html

But if you can't measure, you cannot KNOW it is VAS exhaustion, so try the VRAM method first... it's a `Pause` function not a reload function...

how do i check VAS and what to do if it gets full?

If you you have FSUIPC4 installed (Not sure if you need to register for this function to work), it has a built in VAS monitor which can be displayed on screen and will make a 'chime' sound every 10 seconds when VAS falls below 250mb.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

If you you have FSUIPC4 installed (Not sure if you need to register for this function to work), it has a built in VAS monitor which can be displayed on screen and will make a 'chime' sound every 10 seconds when VAS falls below 250mb.

so you are saying that my VAS gets full and then it drops and it repeats everytime?

alright i think i found a solution after searching a bit i found on a post on steam fórum of FSX of a guy who had a similar problem, it seems that if you delete the Shaders folder everytime before starting FSX, at \AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\ it will fix, im not sure yet but i did the same flight, Brazil to UK 2 times, one without FSXWX and the other with it and i had no stuttering, later ill try even longer flights that are in range of my 777-200ER and i'll post an update