X Plane 11 and compatible joystick

flyguy

Hi,

I'm brand new to flightSim, and had just a few questions - I had Microsoft Flight Simulator (not sure what year, but it was a long, long time ago), but really enjoyed it, and did the flight lessons on it as well. It's been awhile since I used it, and I'd like to get a new version of a flight simulator. In the research I've done I really like the X Plane 11 simulator. It seems very realistic with the graphics and all.

Will X Plane 11 work with Windows 10? And, will my Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick also work with X Plane 11, or should I get a new joystick? Lastly, does X Plane 11 have various commercial jets, and does it also have flight lessons? Thanks so much for any feedback!

Flyguy

Thanks for the links, but for some reason when I tried to download the free demo on my desktop (new Windows 10), a message window appeared that said "X-plane requires at least open GL 2.0 driver. I have no idea what that is, and I thought this was just a demo. I also tried it on my new laptop, and it said I do have enough space, but it seemed like it was going to take hours to download, so I cancelled the download on my laptop. Not sure what's going on. Any suggestions as it's just a demo? Thanks!