Flight Sim FSX vs AS16

Gipper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The error simply means it can not communicate with a DLL. Meaning the probability of Windows is protecting something from firing off the execution chain needed for Simconnect to link with AS16.

Now there are people that will say they have no issue with Windows 10/11 ad nauseam. I really don't care. Everyone's computing environment is different. Having said that a question:

1) Is FSX outside of the programs folder? Like in the root of C drive or another hard drive? My current FSX path is C:\FSX. If this is not tue for you then go on ahead and reinstall to that path. Also, make sure you go into your Windows 11 applicable AppData folder and clear out the FSX settings where fsx.cfg resides. Yes, the modules ini and whatnot - everything. Speaking of "everything." There is a terrific program called Everything.exe that'll find files quicker. Like the aforementioned fsx.cfg file. You can search for that file in Everything.exe, right click the file in Everything and go directly to its path and wipe it all out.

You also want to run FSX in an administrator account. I would also disable UAC. No, it's not gonna protect you at all anyway. Trust me (or don't trust me, I don't care). It serves nothing but to cause problems. Unless of course you want your computer to hold your hand because you can't use the computer and the Internet correctly... In which case use Unix (macOS) or Linux. Can't Sim of course, but you'd be far more secure than Windows...

I'd also make sure FSX and AS16 are running in compatibility mode for XP SP2 or SP1. You just right click the .exe and chose properties | Compatibility.

Beyond that I really don't know. Windows 10 and 11 are NOT computer operating Systems. They're more or less built like an OS for a phone or tablet. That is Microsoft's brain headed idea. They need one OS for smart devices and another for computers. If you could, and your hardware supports it, do a dual boot with two hard drives with Windows 7 and 11. Install FSX et al in 7. I use the hard drive switch made by Kingwin. I don't recommend doing this via separate partitions on the same hard drive. Two NVMe based drives would work too.

There's a lot, and I mean a lot of crap with 11 and 10. I can tell you this being the very computer centric person I am for almost 20 years. Now Microsoft wants to try and get all software on their own little play store. The acronym PC used to stand for Personal Computer. Personal? In this the 21st century?! That's a misnomer. No, idiom!

PS:

Did you know the UEFI that now replaces BIOS has its own built-in network stack? And this lovely beast has something called WPBT (Scroll down and read the FAQ).

Also, a TPM is just DRM... And a lot of other crap executing at the core of privilege rings.

PPS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface#Security_risks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanna_Rutkowska

Anyway... LOL!

Edited by CRJ_simpilot