how to find ATC assigned parking?

CessnaFlyer

I know I have been told my threads and posts did not make any sense so I will try and post this so even a pre school kid could understand. when going from point a to point b and getting ground control assigned parking how do you find that space again when planning the next flight? now gates I know how to find. but I am talking about parking spaces for ga parking that ground control says to go. so that when I plan my next flight I have my plane in the exact spot I was told to park in. and hopefully this is clear enough?
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Good luck doing that! If you are following Progressive taxi to your spot, you might try picking another spot in front of a building or object you can recognize and then it will be trial and error getting that same spot to start your next flight.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You can't ask for a specific parking space from atc. (your preferred space could also be occupied.)

But you can, when in your preferred space, save the flight. Then get back to it later, adjust time and weather, and off you go.

To find the number of the parking space you like so much, you can load up the aircraft at each space in turn. (use: menu bar - world - go to airport. So, trial and error. Once you find it, write it down.).

Or, remember the gate number when atc says it. xxxx, taxi to gate gulf eleven (G11), using taxiway alpha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes I think next time I go flying I will try that. I have a flight planed from KARB to 3CK. but I don't know if I can get the b-17 out of KARB the runway is only 3,500 long by 75 foot wide. it's tight compared to my home field. :o

It's worth remembering that the zoomable top view like this can help us taxi around airports.

If we want, we can also screenshot it and print it out so we can keep it on our desk in front of us and write labels on it-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-topdown1_zpsmfjxuxn8.jpg~original

I agree saving the flight and restoring it is the best way to get back to the same gate/parking you left the sim. I just keep saving to the same filename each time I quit a continuing flight so I don't have to remember what it is or hunt for it.

You can also use the Airport dialog to pick available gates/parking.

You can download airport diagrams from the Inet, look up the parking space you are at or want to use, then pick that space from the Go to Airport dialog, or the Airport section of the Create Flight utility.

As already explained, the AI ATC semi-randomly selects parking based on if it's occupied and your aircraft type so even if there are a lot of spaces, depending on your size and roll of aircraft, there might only be a few available to you.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

...depending on your size and roll of aircraft...

role ?

Me personally I don't like saved flights. Seems one never knows what state you'll find your aircraft in. Mostly not in the state you saved it, especially for some more complicated AC.

I'll stick to pencil and paper to write down the gate number.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

well I have a little bit of an advantage here I have a thing called FLIGHTGUIDE airport and frequency manual. I have 22 states that I can fly in and it shows the taxi diagrams and the numbers for runways and atc as well the length and with of the runways. I just finished a tour of Michigan with it. so I don't have to print things out that much.:)

Archived