La Isla Bonita

Took out the Curtiss C-46 for a ride over the Island of la Palma in the Canaries, to test a recently loaded repaint. The scenery is also freeware that I downloaded years ago. I have spent a holiday there and the beauty of this place is difficult to describe. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

LP1.jpg

After take off.

LP2.jpg

Heading west over the volcano.

LP3.jpg

Overflying the middle of the island that is called "the beautiful island" by the locals.

NB the aircraft is the freeware Curtiss C-46 v2 for FSX. Original Aircraft by Libardo Guzman García, with assistance from Greg Pepper and Tom Gibson

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid - Nice aircraft and great scenery. Thanks for sharing!

Rick :cool:

Thank you Rick for your kind words.

Nice!:D If you remember the name/location etc of the scenery, please do share. (Even if not for FSX:))

If my memory still serves me right, this could be the download links, from Rikoooo:

Part 1 (1.57GB)

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/68/702

Part 2 (1GB)

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/68/703

It is by a guy called Alberto Sanchez who hosted it online with a bunch of other related goodies including a certain (Iberia Pack) but I cannot find his site anymore. The original site where I downloaded from was in Spanish but that was almost five years ago. The Rikoooo Downloads should work.

Best of luck.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beautiful shots! Looks like a nice place to visit. I could use a couple months to recover there!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jan: Thank you for your kind words. I think the installation is straightforward. The good thing about Rikoooo is that their download speed is fast.

Gérard: Hardly harsh. Au contraire, this is one of the nicest places on earth and the people are so laid back, even in contrast with other Canary islanders. The local wine is really great, too. Thank you for your kind words.

David: I would dream of retiring in this island and spend the rest of my days there. Its so soothingly calm and a wonderful place if you like stargazing, the whole place is tweaked for astronomy. It has the largest observatories in western Europe, on the rim of the volcano at Roque de los Muchachos, which sits on an elevation of almost 8,000 ft. The street lights are dimmed and cars are obliged by law to dim headlamps, no flight routes allowed above the island to prevent interference with astronomical observation. It has something called Astronomical tourism and you can Google that for La Palma if you wish to explore this niche form of tourism. Try looking at this Thank you for your compliments.

Larry: Thank you for your kind words. Glad you liked.

Best wishes to all of you gents.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It took me 6 hours to download the 2 files, here at Flightsim it would be 2 minutes....:eek:;) BUT: I have them! :cool:

Congrats, I don't know what I downloaded from Rikoooo the other day it was fast... :pilot: :confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you're not a member it's much slower. I can understand that! ;):)

Yes true the same goes for here too, I am not a first class member so all I get is 49K per second. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived