Cessna Caravan G1000 simulator

bushbird

Hey everyone, brand new to the site this am. Just finished flight safety 8 day course in Wichita on the cessna 208 caravan now looking to download the best sim for practicing on the caravan at home while not actual flying. new to the g1000 and systems. Wondering the best way to get the game installed. Tried downloading this am but seems i get directed to scam sites. Do I need to buy a disc then download the caravan add on? Looking for any advice to get up and running. Looks like the microsoft fsx has the right stuff? not sure if tahts the best option? Thanks and would really appreciate your insights. RG

Game?? Simulation is more suited! You say you are trying to download but are directed to scam sites? Where are you going to get this download? FSX will be on discs or FSX-SE (Steam Edition) is bought from the Steam store and they provide the download.

The 208 Caravan is a default aircraft in FSX. Don't know if they provide a G1000 panel or not, but there may be payware models to choose from.

Welcome to the craziness known as flight sim!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Game?? Simulation is more suited! You say you are trying to download but are directed to scam sites? Where are you going to get this download? FSX will be on discs or FSX-SE (Steam Edition) is bought from the Steam store and they provide the download.

The 208 Caravan is a default aircraft in FSX. Don't know if they provide a G1000 panel or not, but there may be payware models to choose from.

Don't think this hasn't been asked before:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?254182-G1000-simulator-and-throttle-question

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?283272-Garmin-G1000-simulator-for-X-Plane

https://www.flight1tech.com/

I agree with Zippy about the impropriety of calling FSX a game. I have the Carenado C208 and -of course- the stock C208 installed, I took some screenshots of the cockpits below, but they do not have the G1000.

Stock208B.jpg

This is the cockpit of the C208 that comes packaged with FSX.

Carenado208B.jpg

This is the payware Carenado C208 cockpit.

However, the newer Carenado C208B Grand Caravan EX HD Series for FSX | P3D has the G1000 so you should consider buying his add-on aircraft if the integrated flight instrument system is what you are after.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL...

Dare I mention it?

From Wiki:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (abbreviated as FSX) is a 2006 flight simulation computer game originally developed by Aces Game Studio and published by Microsoft Game Studios for Microsoft Windows.

I see the word 'game' mentioned quite a few times there. So, maybe you can call FSX a 'simulator' that falls into a sub division of 'Simulators' within the definition of 'Games'.

Anyhow, apologies for being pedantic, due to lack of morning coffee.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

LOL...

Dare I mention it?

From Wiki:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (abbreviated as FSX) is a 2006 flight simulation computer game originally developed by Aces Game Studio and published by Microsoft Game Studios for Microsoft Windows.

I see the word 'game' mentioned quite a few times there. So, maybe you can call FSX a 'simulator' that falls into a sub division of 'Simulators' within the definition of 'Games'.

Anyhow, apologies for being pedantic, due to lack of morning coffee.

On one of the other sites, I read an incredibly good response to someone needing computer performance advice:

"remember Flight Sim in not a game but a simulator and the Processor and Graphics Card does not work the same as Gaming"

Hmmm??? lol

Mark Daniels

Does it really matter if some view it as a simulator and some as a game?

IMHO it makes no difference if its referred to as a Game, Simulator, Simulation or simply FS. Individuals should feel free to use what they consider to be the correct definition and not be 'bullied' by those who think they have the right to insist that others use their version of the definition.

After all, this is a hobby that should bring enjoyment to those that participate in it. How that enjoyment is achieved is entirely up to the individual. All that really matters at the end of the day is that you are having fun, irrespective on how you use/view FS.

Interestingly, Mike Singer, a member of the of ACES development team that produced FSX for MS (his official title was "Experience Architect" of FSX). made the following comment when he was speaking at September's 2006 AVSIM conference about FSX:

"A realistic simulation of a compelling real-world activity is game-like by its very nature."

Regards

Brian

I would suggest looking at FSX Steam Edition as most if not all tweaks have been incorporated. I also saw on the Steam site a Caravan with a G1000 by Carenado for $25 so that may be what you are looking for as the easiest way to get up and going. If you want a 64 bit FS platform you might want to take a look at X-Plane or P3D. As for the Caravan, you would need to search if they have a compatible version.

Hey everyone, brand new to the site this am. Just finished flight safety 8 day course in Wichita on the cessna 208 caravan now looking to download the best sim for practicing on the caravan at home while not actual flying. new to the g1000 and systems. Wondering the best way to get the game installed. Tried downloading this am but seems i get directed to scam sites. Do I need to buy a disc then download the caravan add on? Looking for any advice to get up and running. Looks like the microsoft fsx has the right stuff? not sure if tahts the best option? Thanks and would really appreciate your insights. RG

You can get FSX Steam Edition (FSX:SE) from the steam store for $27.99 Canadian. I find it works better than the disc version if you can still find the disc version. FSX:SE comes with a default C208 but it does not have a G1000 Panel. The default Cessna 172, Mooney Bravo and Beech Baron do come with a G1000 panel. The FSX default G1000 is fairly basic. There are some freeware G1000 upgrades available that have a few more features.

If you want a C208 with the G1000 there is the Carenado C208 EX version. Be careful there are two version one with the G1000 and one with steam gauges. The EX version is about $38.00 US. Steam may also have a Carenado Version as well and it may be cheaper as mentioned in another post. The Steam version will only work with FSX:SE while the full version will work with FSX:SE and P3D. The Carenado G1000 has a lot of features but I do not think you can create a flight plan in it from what I have read.

FS2X also makes a third party G1000 and when you purchase it you get a default 2D only C208 upgrade with a G1000 panel. I hope this information is helpful.

John Cottreau

Archived