Problem with FSXBA Hornet 14.8BA

hornetdriver25

Hey,

I am having a problem with the smoke effects on the fsxba hornet 14.8, because Whenever I turn the smoke effect on it will puff one cloud of it out the back and stop any help?

Also I was wondering if they are going to put the two seat model into the fleet version or have they and I missed it?

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

Have you checked your aircraft.cfg under [smoke] to see what effect is being used.

Looks like it may be something like fx_smokepuff_.fx or similar.

See if you have an effect called fx_smoke_eng_fa18.fx or find one like that even if it's for another aircraft.

I have tried different effects to no avail in my Super Hornet.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I don't know what program to use to open it do you know?

Nope, I don't mess with .air files. Google will be your friend on this one! Remember, I said it's only a guess that it has to do with the .air file.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Grab the latest version of AirEd from the library here This is the latest, Another here. Unzip it wherever you like (not Programs(X86) that place seems to be a pita for us Simmers...) and then set the .air files to be opened with it. I love it. Many of the entries of the .air file have information on them with a right click from AirEd. Not all but let's say most.

You might want to back-up any file, as always, before you open it, just in case...and feel free to make a "fake" copy of a .air file to play with. It's also possible to copy from one .air to another with it, which is bloody nice. Trick is to delete the entry you are about to install in File "A" first, then copy in from File "B". Sadly, we can only copy one entry at at a time.

ANY file you edit, just so you know, NOT counting the FSX BA ones (Jimmi and gang are Sierra Hotel on this stuff...) make sure the Yaw Damper entry is at least 1400 or the YD tends to over-do a bit. It's a thing a lot of devs don't bother with, like the Yaw Damper entry in the Aircraft.cfg file, but can help the plane "fly right". Lots of fun things to play with though. Every entry changes SOMEthing :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

.... It could be something in the .air file?
The *.air file has no smoke control/display references.

It's in the aircraft.cfg and whatever gauge(panel.cfg) is being used to turn it on/off.

gauge33=FX!EG_Smoke_NORM, and gauge39=FX!Smoke for v15.2(Fleet)...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Actually, it may not be in this particular aircraft's .air file, but in many there is an

"Entry 344 Smoke Sytstem Available=True(1)"

entry in many. I know not the effect it has, but it looks pretty obvious to me...

It's just a toggle, btw. a simple LClick on it will switch it to =False(0) or =True(1), back and forth.

Now that I think about it, it may only be there in case a plane doesn't have a switch or gauge in it for the smoke system, but coupled to a [smokeSyatem] entry in the aicraft.cfg file, perhaps it enables or disables the "I" key smoke toggle that is integral to FSX and FS9...?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

"Entry 344 Smoke Sytstem Available=True(1)" is INOP for FSX.

For FS9 and earlier, it enables or disables the aircraft.cfg's [sMOKESYSTEM]

The "I" key will work if the [sMOKESYSTEM] is "Available" and has valid entries in it.

If the aircraft has gauges that control the smoke, the "I" may be precluded by conditions required by the gauge(gauge33 & 39)...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Shows ya what I know about FSX :)

Since up till recently (Jan 5th) I only had FS9, so 99.9% of my experience is with that. Explains my whole .air file and Entry 344 posts. Thanx for correcting me. As they say, knowledge is power...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived