FSX shows airport objects only after switching from anisotrop to trilinear and vs

Hello Folks,

..... maybe I did not state the precise words or my english is simply not good enough.......

However, various input to the seach engine did not result in any clue.

The title describes everything.

My problem exists since many years, utilizing fsx sp1 and 2, on various systems, equipped with different hardware (CPUs, Ram, Graphic adapters. Not only my own PC, but presently on 4 more systems amoung my community.

And, guess, Iam not a newbie, as I started simulation with FS95

What I am going to say is: The Problem is definitely independent from the hardware, but has to be found within the FSX-Software.

Okay, all these machines are using Win7, but it also appeared on Win-xp.

When you start a flight, arrive at an airport, or simply "jump" to a different airport (or even land after a pattern-flight) it happens that only part of the scenery-objects are visible.

Airfield layout ist always okay, but sometimes you do not see a single building/tree/vehicle etc.

Some buildings are visible, some not.

It doesn`t matter, if it is standard-scenery, purchased third-party scenery or own afx/afcad additions (ADE X).

From towers e.g. you usually see the toplights only and trees - if by chance already visible - can be seen flying...

Of course, after years, living with this draw back, one automatically does the five magic clicks found to be the work around.

It is: Options, settings, display, from anisotrop to trilinear (of vice versa, whatever appears to be set at that time) and Okay.

(the path is directly translated from my German version. So I do not know the equivalents in English version).

As soon this is done, everything appears on the screen, as it should be...

That means, you have to force the fsx-machine to reload every detail/single object by switching between trilenear and anisotrop.

May be, it is not a big deal (and we are used to do those five clicks in a second), but it would be nice to just see everything at once, when arriving at an airfield.

And for sure, my friends an me are not the only ones experiencing the above.

I wonder, who can give me a hint and has the clue, which setting (guess it might be one little 1 or 0 to be set in the config) is the remedy for this.

Thanks a lot in advance for the correct tip.

Best regards from EDDH

Klaus-Peter

The Sky is the Limit! :pilot:

Building will show at any filtering setting.

The effect you see is probably just because of reloading the scenery.

Buildings not showing is probably because of high settings, detailed scenery, detailed payware aircraft, a slow pc and cpu, or a combination of those. Also having loads of traffic in fsx causes slowdown. Especially if that AI-Traffic is made up of high resolution and debil flyable planes instead of low load causing aircraft meant for AI. Problems will also happen if you use fs9 airports in fsx. (for example buildings with some parts missing.). Not installing Windows Updates, or not derfagmenting your hard-disks will also cause slowness in scenery loading. As will having full harddisks, as will an overheating cpu or especially an overheating videocard. If you have a laptop wo can be certain you have an overheating computer. Almost forgot, hardware conflicts cause trouble too of course.

As you see, lots of reasons for scenery not loading quickly.

But your Filtering setting is not one of them.

Assign a key to "reload scenery" and use that instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived