Unexplained frame drop in one direction?

Hossfly68

And the riddle challenge for today!

I take off from KBFM (Mobile Downtown) and if I swing the view to the west-northwest toward KMOB, my FPS drops into the teens and I get some stuttering. I have KMOB scenery installed, but I disabled it and it still drops. I tried eliminating road vehicles too. No good. Commercial and GA traffic is set at 30% and there are only a couple of planes at KMOB at the time. Time is set to late morning when I've tested it. Ground shadows, light bloom are off. With clouds, without clouds. Nothing. The only thing in that direction is Big Creek Lake, but my frames don't drop when I view Mobile Bay, so I don't think that would be it. Just looking for any ideas or guesses as to why this would happen. It's just a frustration.

No other scenery is installed in that direction and it's mostly farmland scenery out that way. All scenery settings except auto gen and water are turned to max and I use Steve's DX 10 Fixer. Frame rate is is set to 30 now, but I can run between 50-70 if it's set to unlimited. FSX-SE.

Any guesses?

My guess is that it's not the scenery, it's the plane that causes the FPS drop. The default C172 does it on mine when viewing the left side in spot view.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived