Riddle Airlines fleet.

I have uploaded my repaints of Riddle Airlines' fleet, and they should be available for all you classic airline dudes within the next 24 hours. Enjoy:pilot:

Curtiss C-46 (Libardo Guzman)

2 Riddle C-46.jpg

Douglas DC-4 (Jens B. Kristensen- JBK)

4 Riddle DC-4.jpg

Douglas DC-6A (CalClassic)

3 Riddle DC-6A.jpg

Douglas DC-7F (CalClassic)

2 Riddle DC-7CF.jpg

Douglas DC-8-55CF (JustFlight)

2 Riddle DC-8-55CF.jpg

Well done, you did a good job on those, nice clean and clear repaints.

I only have one comment, on the C46 and DC4 tail, it looks like a helicopter logo, on closer look it seems its a bird carrying parcels, don't misunderstand me they a good paints.

I'm no expert by any means, I post my paints on here and I welcome any comments, if I get a negative it makes me try harder next time lol.

By the way is your name Jimmy by any chance?

Col.

Thanks Peer. I knew you'd enjoy them.

And Col, you gave me a bit of a chuckle :) It's not a helicopter, nor is it a bird on the tail. It's actually a kangaroo with a stack of parcels in its pouch.

It was Riddle Airlines' logo during the 1950s. It was phased out by the end of that decade, I think. I have attached a photo of the actual aircraft, in the zip file. If you download it you can check it out. Since Riddle was mainly a cargo carrier, they were obviously trying to outdo the opposition with fancy slogans. So, the TNT isn't what it seems, it actually stands for "Tonight Not Tomorrow". Quite fast delivery for that era. Remember, this was 1959, way before FedEx, DHL, and UPS came onto the scene.

BTW, my name's not Jimmy, it's Ted.

Cheers

Awesome shots and history there! John Paul Riddle was the co-founder of my Alma Mater, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL. Looking forward to this!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi David. It's interesting John Paul Riddle was the co-founder of your Alma Mater. Did you ever meet him, by any chance?

Well, I went to the Daytona campus from 1980 - 1984 and he passed in 1989. If memory serves, our AFROTC detachment had an event at the "Riddle Mansion" (not where he lived but a property where events where held) in Ormond Beach, FL. I believe I briefly met him. Unfortunately, my long term memory doesn't seem to work all that well for me sometimes. Those 4 years were pretty intense!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived