aircraft installation

staer90

sorry if there are definitely guides and posts around, but I do not understand a thing.

I downloaded liveries, but where I put them if I do not have folders, like a330 or b777.

then when I can download and install it, the airplane panel does not appear.

help please

……...

POINT 1 - I downloaded liveries, but where I put them if I do not have folders, like a330 or b777.

POINT 2 - then when I can download and install it, the airplane panel does not appear.

help please

It is worth pointing out the following....

Ref POINT 1 comment - to install individual liveries you must have first installed the 'target' base model (this will usually include the base textures and may/may not included additional features like a panel and/or sound files) or a complete model (this will usually include the complete aircraft, panel and sound files).

Note that a livery is normally intended for a specific model by a specific author and will not work with another model of the same aircraft type - i.e. a repaint for the default FSX B737 will not work with an other freeware B737 model.

A big TIP is to search the file library using the advanced search option as it allows you to search

using a wider range of options - the most important of which is the Only search these file types ... option as it allows you to restrict the search to complete and/or base models.

Ref POINT 2 comment - some models do not have dedicated panels and/or sounds and will make use of panels from other models. This is known as aliasing and requires you to edit the panel.cfg file or sound.cfg file as appropriate. This is normally highlighted in any installation instruction readme file that is normally included in the download. It should also be noted that suggested aliased panels may not be from the same aircraft type (i.e. a two engine Airbus aircraft may be aliased to a Boeing aircraft).

The 'missing' panel issue may simply be a case of what view you have selected - press F9 and F10 (default FSX key settings) to switch between the Virtual Cockpit (VC) and the 2D cockpit views. Not all aircraft models have both a VC and 2D panel. It is also worth mentioning here that, if an aircraft model does not have a panel selected, either one provided with the model or one assigned using the aliasing method, it will not appear in the aircraft selection list.

If you provide details of the files you have downloaded - file name and from where you downloaded it - I, or other members, can point you in the right direction WRT the required base models and the basic install process.

Regards

Brian

sorry if there are definitely guides and posts around, but I do not understand a thing.

I downloaded liveries, but where I put them if I do not have folders, like a330 or b777.

then when I can download and install it, the airplane panel does not appear.

help please

Look at the aircraft folders that are already in the Airplanes sub-folder. Follow the layout of those folders.

Liveries will come with instructions. Open them and read them. When you know where to put them the contents will become clearer.

A livery is only a paint job.

You can download liveries for planes you have. You install them by following the instructions that are in a file called "readme.txt" that is included in the downloaded livery.

If you want a livery for a plane you don't have you will first need to find that plane, download it, and install it.

Once the plane is installed you can then install it's livery.

The downloads in the flightsim.com file library have descriptions you can read before downloading.

In the description you will find a link to the aircraft model usually.

On other sites with files you usually see somewhere on the download description page a list of "required files" (with links).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived