Ground terrain "checkerboard" pattern

Roger Wensley

I have modified the area around Bethel PABE with a new terrain texture, "cold grassland". It shows up as a checkerboard of two distinctly different textures, just like a checkerboard for playing draughts or chess. Any ideas? I could post a screenshot on here but it wouldn't anything to my description.

You can use FTX (ORBX) products. Most of the add on items I ran across over the years did nothing great for FSX, it was like trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear at best. Let’s remember, FSX has had no development in 15 to 20 years. The only change was internal things to make it run better (FSX-SE) by Dovetail games, that can’t develope a flight sim to save their ???.
Jetline GT2, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, liquid cooled i7 9700K, 750 PSU, 2 TB SSD, MSFS 2020, P3D V4.5 and FSXSE.

You can use FTX (ORBX) products. Most of the add on items I ran across over the years did nothing great for FSX, it was like trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear at best. Let’s remember, FSX has had no development in 15 to 20 years. The only change was internal things to make it run better (FSX-SE) by Dovetail games, that can’t develope a flight sim to save their ???.

The OP is talking about FS9 not FSX. And this is a FS9 forum :)

Roger,

By the sound of your post it seems that one or more of your FS9 default BGL files in your main scenery folder and which covers the area concerned, is either missing or has somehow been de-activated, especially when you say that you already saw the problem before you began modiying your Bethel area.

Hope this helps.

Hans

Hans, nice idea but there is nothing missing or deactivated as far as I can see. It is just another FS9 fault, like the line of a "join" where there is a loooooooooooooooong gap between textures, or the straight line coasts. No good reason for any of them and Tom had the right solution; ignore it.

I've had a similar problem for ages with water textures - checkerboard oceans. I've tried different textures, different cfg settings ...nothing helps. Oddly, when panning the external view the pattern will change and occasionally, briefly, disappear.

fs_water.png

Archived