Default/Carenado to A2A

Kirk

I've been flying the default FSX C172, a Carenado C172 and a Carenado C182 pretty much since I started flying (in my sim of course). I've been avoiding aircraft made by A2A because they have the reputation for being the closest thing there is to real aircraft regarding flight dynamics.

Welp, I finally broke down and bought their C182 Skylane and, sweet lord, what a difference (and not necessarily an enjoyable one). After quite a number of months in the default/Carenado aircraft, I've improved a bunch. Now, with the A2A, I feel like I'm back on day one. I can't even start the thing without diddling around with it for a while. I certainly can't start it using the checklist that came with it. I find that I have to open the throttle 100% before it will start, then I have to quickly pull it back to idle so I don't run into a building. LOL. I don't see my sim time as playing a video game as much as I see it as learning a skill. So if it is truly more realistic, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then I'll stick with it and learn everything I can.

But, yeah, the flight dynamics are completely different than what I'm used to. Are they more realistic? I don't know as I've never flown IRL (yet). Are they going to create a whole new learning experience for me. Oh, youbetcha!

(That's all. Just an experience I wanted to share. :) )

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Most important: Read The Fine Manual.

It's the font of all wisdom for A2A aircraft and should NOT be regarded as optional.

For example: It will point you to the auto-start option so you don't have to faff about starting while you practice getting the engine running.

Archived