Oxygen Regulator Effect

usb777

Anyone know how to add the oxygen regulator effect to other aircraft besides the one it the Section 8 F86? I tried using thiers in my F16 but couldn't get the sound.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Egads! Darth Vader. I'll take a look at mine and see what kind of magic happens.;) Sorry, I mistook it for the pilot breathing sound. You are looking at the O2 regulator on the panel. More investigating.

Are you looking to make it a popup panel like it is for the Sabre?

O2 regulator.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The only time I saw this effect was when I used the freeware F-86D (the Sabre with a radar nose cone). I believe there was a way to turn it off because after a while, it becomes quite a nuisance to listen to it.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Egads! Darth Vader. I'll take a look at mine and see what kind of magic happens.;) Sorry, I mistook it for the pilot breathing sound. You are looking at the O2 regulator on the panel. More investigating.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207466[/ATTACH]

I have this working in the Section 8 F86, in fact moved it to window 7 to get easy access. I tried installing it in one of my F16s but didn't get the sound working. I even copied the Oxygen sound file to the main sound folder. It does sound like Darth Vader

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I may have deleted the pilot breathing sound in mine. Did it only make the sound with the regulator turned on?

Did you also copy the SF8_86.cab and SF8_sabre.gau to the F-16 panel folder? Do you see the O2 regulator in the F-16?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207466[/ATTACH]

Mr. Zippy what cockpit is that above? I have the F-86D but the cockpit quality is far inferior.

@Mike there is a file called mask.wav under the model's sound folder. Try utilizing it. Even when played with Windows media player, it is the same Darth Vader sound.

That's the relevant entry in the sound.cfg file

// Wind Sounds ________________________________________________________________

[WIND_SOUND]

filename=MASK

flags=0

viewpoint=1

minimum_speed=0.10

maximum_speed=500.00

minimum_volume=1000

maximum_volume=10000

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mr. Zippy what cockpit is that above? I have the F-86D but the cockpit quality is far inferior.

@Mike there is a file called mask.wav under the model's sound folder. Try utilizing it. Even when played with Windows media player, it is the same Darth Vader sound.

This is the 2D cockpit of the Section8 F-86.

This is the 2D cockpit of the Section8 F-86.

Thank you, I apparently have a different aircraft, called north_american_f-86d.zip and it has the same darth vader effect.

I downloaded it from

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=176678

I looked up the Section 8 and it is an FS2004 model, not an FSX one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I looked at your download, Khalid, and was curious how the mask breathing sound was initialized. In the sound.cfg I found it was associated with wind sound:

[WIND_SOUND]

filename=MASK

flags=0

viewpoint=1

minimum_speed=0.10

maximum_speed=500.00

minimum_volume=1000

maximum_volume=10000

I may have deleted the pilot breathing sound in mine. Did it only make the sound with the regulator turned on?

Did you also copy the SF8_86.cab and SF8_sabre.gau to the F-16 panel folder? Do you see the O2 regulator in the F-16?

Mine only makes sound when it is turned and yes, I did copy those gauge files to the F16 panel. It shows up but can't get it to turn on for start. Might be the trouble. I looked into the VC of the F86 as well and tried the two oxygen lines in there but no dice.

Mike G.

I looked at your download, Khalid, and was curious how the mask breathing sound was initialized. In the sound.cfg I found it was associated with wind sound:

[WIND_SOUND]

filename=MASK

flags=0

viewpoint=1

minimum_speed=0.10

maximum_speed=500.00

minimum_volume=1000

maximum_volume=10000

Thanks! I looked in the file as well but missed it.

Mike G.

Ah, I can't find anywhere in the Section 8 where they initialized it. Now it has become a vendetta. I bet if I install the F86 2D cockpit into the F16 or the Cessna for that matter it will work. I just might try it. I sometimes fly my Cenna like it was a fighter anyway Ha! Ha!

Mike G.

Mike my aircraft is not the Section 8 F-86, it is the F-86D shown in the screenshot below.

F86D.jpg

Because the thread was under FSX, I presumed this was the aircraft you were talking about, as the Section 8 F-86 is an FS2004 model.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[WIND_SOUND]

filename=MASK

flags=0

viewpoint=1

minimum_speed=0.10

maximum_speed=500.00

minimum_volume=1000

maximum_volume=10000

Yes that was exactly what I pointed out myself three posts above yours, but mine came as an update edit, you may have not refreshed your screen. So we both found the same result. At Mike's proposal, I tried adding this config and the wav file to the Cessna 172 and it worked :pilot: ;) Pulls out a lightsabre "You don’t know the power of the dark side.”

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have one as well. Did not know it had this effect in it. I have taken it out of the hanger to check it out but it looks like we do not have control to regulate it or turn it on and off like the Section 8. I have updated the Section 8 for FSX they gave us the updated texture for the Canopy and added all the thumbnails. Wonder what I am missing for the sound though. I can't find the oxy_mask.wav listed on any notepad .cfg file.

Mike G.

To get it to work, you can't have more than one [WIND_SOUND] entry in the sound.cfg file.

Have a look. Video is low quality trying to keep file size to a minimum.

https://app.box.com/s/e5akuk8twlvpswa6s4hm9zcr4q0axuub

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

I tried changing the wind entry, I also see the Section * F86 where it works does not have the oxy_mask.wav listed in any entry though the oxy_mask.wav is in their SF9_F86 folder in the main FSX sound folder. Is it possible it is something in the air file or model that makes it work?

Mike G.

This is not rocket science. All you have to do is add this to your sound.cfg file:

[WIND_SOUND]
filename=MASK
flags=0
viewpoint=1
minimum_speed=0.10
maximum_speed=500.00
minimum_volume=1000
maximum_volume=10000

Then make sure there is no other [WIND_SOUND] in the sound.cfg file. If there is, add two forward slashes in front of each entry like this: //

I shouldn't have to tell you that you also need to place the mask.wav file in your sound folder. The one in the aircraft folder is where you're are making your edits and adding the audio file.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

This is not rocket science. All you have to do is add this to your sound.cfg file:

[WIND_SOUND]
filename=MASK
flags=0
viewpoint=1
minimum_speed=0.10
maximum_speed=500.00
minimum_volume=1000
maximum_volume=10000

Then make sure there is no other [WIND_SOUND] in the sound.cfg file. If there is, add two forward slashes in front of each entry like this: //

I shouldn't have to tell you that you also need to place the mask.wav file in your sound folder. The one in the aircraft folder is where you're are making your edits and adding the audio file.

Yes I have tried all that, with the exception you show the file name as MASK and I and trying to use oxy_mask. I am also trying to use the Section 8 F86 gauges that not only turn the regulator on and off but control the intensity.

Mike G.

I have the F86D model as well and have not heard the mask effect in there as well. Though I have only checked it sitting on the ground. How do you activate the effect in that aircraft?

Mike G.

Archived