FSX crashes the whole computer when going into a flight mode

kalizzi

I really have not added anything new, I started my FSX today and when I get to the (Fly Now!) I get blinking screen in black then the whole computer freezes and I need to restart.

I looked up the event log but there is nothing even remotely related to this.

I tried rebuilding the fsx.cfg but that didn't help.

I tried different aircraft / airports but the result is the same.

I tried lowering the resolution and graphic options but that didn't help.

FSX works fine otherwise, I can do anything with it. Except when I get to flying the aircraft, it crashes.

The only thing I did last night was to run the REX weather engine program and check for updates.

I really have no idea why this has happened? if anyone can help please.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes the whole computer goes dead

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you il88pp and Rick. It transpired that the latest Nvidia graphic driver was causing this. I rolled back to an older version and FSX worked fine, but not before a horrendous 7 hours of attempts and troubleshooting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you have automatic GPU driver updates on, then it will only be a matter of time before that error resurfaces. Also, never EVER let BS Windows update your drivers.

These are probably the same steps for Win 10 if you use it. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2500967/how-to-stop-windows-7-automatically-installing-drivers

I'd do it through Group Policy via option 2.

Hi kalizzi,

If you don't mind me asking what old Nvidia driver(s) version did you go back to? I am practically having the same issues as you. In the middle of a flight the screen goes black and nowhere to recover. Very frustrating to say the least....Thanks in advance!

Thank you il88pp and Rick. It transpired that the latest Nvidia graphic driver was causing this. I rolled back to an older version and FSX worked fine, but not before a horrendous 7 hours of attempts and troubleshooting.

Archived