Using Skyvector with the pure intention of only sim purpose

Malm

Hi I am a newbee and my name is Henrik.

My reason for this questions is that I want to use Skyvector for the pure use of simulation flight only and I am met with some lawful questions when filling my flight plan. With the fraudulent question in mind which I am answered doing entering a fictive tail number I wonder if I am breaking some FAA regulation?

Also I am requested to fulfil information about local airport phone number together with my own witch I am not comfortable applying.

Would I break any law fooling around with this amazing tool?

Hope you can answer soon and maybe provide me with some alternatives if Skyvector should be avoided by novice sim pilots like me.

Sorry for my bad English.

Best regards

Henrik Malmvig

As far as I know, and I am NOT a lawyer of any kind, mind you, you can put fictitious info into the blanks with no trouble.

As long as you do NOT try to file a flight plan with the FAA.

You can make up any flight plan you want, fill in the blanks with make believe info just to get it to the point that you can then transfer it into FSX.

Just do NOT try to file it officially with the FAA, or any other "official" organization.

I use Skyvector all the time to make flight plans, check distances, locate airports to land at, get VOR and ILS information, get landing patterns, whatever. Even check on real world weather so I know what runway I will land at. Hopefully :D

Does that help at all?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi I am a newbee and my name is Henrik.

My reason for this questions is that I want to use Skyvector for the pure use of simulation flight only and I am met with some lawful questions when filling my flight plan. With the fraudulent question in mind which I am answered doing entering a fictive tail number I wonder if I am breaking some FAA regulation?

Also I am requested to fulfil information about local airport phone number together with my own witch I am not comfortable applying.

Would I break any law fooling around with this amazing tool?

Hope you can answer soon and maybe provide me with some alternatives if Skyvector should be avoided by novice sim pilots like me.

Sorry for my bad English.

Best regards

Henrik Malmvig

Yes, it should be avoided: Skyvector uses the latest updates to aeronautical charts. Your sim doesn't, whatever it is (you haven't said...).

So it will be useless to you.

Others will suggest a sim-specific flight plannner once you tell us what it is...

Archived