Orbx ai ftx files location

Prostock

I have ORBX Scenery and I downloaded the Free AI package. Was wondering if anyone else has it and if you know the location where they should be installed. ORBX Default Installation goes to your Aircraft Folder, I'm wondering if they are in the correct location. I had them installed previously and they showed up on the Sim. I remember seeing them, red labels FTX Flying around. Now since reinstall along with WOAI Installs, I'm not seeing them. I am seeing Default AI Also.

Screen shot below. There's a lot of them, probably 80 or more. Showing only a few for reference.

So, I reinstalled FSX-SE and ORBX scenery along with the Free AI - I'm just wondering if I should move them to my WOAI Sub-folder or just leave as is.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

I have ORBX Scenery and I downloaded the Free AI package. Was wondering if anyone else has it and if you know the location where they should be installed. ORBX Default Installation goes to your Aircraft Folder, I'm wondering if they are in the correct location. I had them installed previously and they showed up on the Sim. I remember seeing them, red labels FTX Flying around. Now since reinstall along with WOAI Installs, I'm not seeing them. I am seeing Default AI Also.

Screen shot below. There's a lot of them, probably 80 or more. Showing only a few for reference.

So, I reinstalled FSX-SE and ORBX scenery along with the Free AI - I'm just wondering if I should move them to my WOAI Sub-folder or just leave as is.

Thanks in advance.

Put them where you like: Just make sure they can be `seen` by FSX by creating the link in the FSX .cfg file to their location.

Put them where you like: Just make sure they can be `seen` by FSX by creating the link in the FSX .cfg file to their location.

Can they be housed in the same folder as my WOAI ai are located Simobjects\Airplanes\WOAI Traffic ?

If I move them in with WOAI, Do you think this will cause a problem with ORBX Scenery that uses the FTX AI ?

I posted the question on ORBX but no response yet. Thank you

Can they be housed in the same folder as my WOAI ai are located Simobjects\Airplanes\WOAI Traffic ?

If I move them in with WOAI, Do you think this will cause a problem with ORBX Scenery that uses the FTX AI?

I posted the question on ORBX but no response yet. Thank you

As long as none share a file name or UI title with what's already on that folder, no problem.

One issue I see with moving them is that if Orbx sends out an update, it will expect to find them in a different location.

This could cause some problems including the whole lot being duplicated.

I would leave them where the installer put them.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

One issue I see with moving them is that if Orbx sends out an update, it will expect to find them in a different location.

peace,

the Bean

The update will search wherever FTC Central expects to find them. Worst case scenario is the updated files put a new entry back in the original folders. There will be plenty of warning before that happens...

Matter of seconds to copy them over.

peace,

the Bean

That's what I was thinking Bean - I just don't like them in amongst my other airplane files. But if they are working as they seem to be, I'll leave well enough alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Thanks

Archived