Quick question re: aircraft RPMs

richiemo

Hi gang. I can't tell you how psyched I was the other day to see that TDS had released a new 757. As great as POSKY's are, I had hoped for a new version somewhere along the line. One thing I notice, when I use the same PW sound file in both the TDS and the POSKY, it takes an unrealistic amount of time on the TDS to get to the groan sound on takeoff, relative to how quickly it happens on the POSKY. Now, yes, I could use FS Sound Studio to adjust the file, but my Sound Studio isn't working. I tested both planes with zero fuel and pushed the throttle all the way up immediately. I did see that the TDS takes longer to get up to the higher RPMs than the POSKY, thus the delay in the engine groan noise being achieved, as it is tied to RPMs. Is there anyway to increase how the speed in which a plane gets to higher RPMs more quickly.

In the aircraft.cfg file, you can change the fuel flow gain parameter to make the engines throttle response quicker. Look at the POSKY 757's fuel flow gain figure and compare it to the TDS 757's figure.

For reference, the default 737 and 747 have this:

[TurbineEngineData]

fuel_flow_gain = 0.002

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Excellent. Thanks. No sooner did I post this question than I compared the engine data in the aircraft cfg file of the Rolls Royce version of the TDS 57. Sure enough it was different, so I copied that data over to the Pratt & Whitney version. But I'll do same for POSKY

Archived