Strange AI antics

hjwalter

Hi all ye technical experts,

One of my very many AI planes, a military F-4 Phantom (Turkish AF livery), behaves very well on all fronts except one:-

After landing and de-excellerating to taxi speed (at my third party LTBA Atta Turk airport) it suddenly rears up with it's nose high in the air and then disappears backwards into the runway in a cloud of (touchdown effects) smoke ??? None of my other AI planes do this so I conclude, like many readers of this post will do as well, that it must be something specific to this particular AI plane.

However and when in test mode via it's AIR file, the plane sits on the same runway correctly with it's wheels correctly on the ground, which to me means that the contact points are correct. The rest of the aircraft.cfg data seems to be O.K. as well, while the third party airport itself, it's related Afcad and APnnnnnn.bgl elevations are all exactly the same. There are ample Afcad "Ramp/Military Combat" parking positions available.

I've tried other AIR files to no avail and this particular AI Phantom remains a typical AI plane, with nothing obviously deviating from any of my other AI planes.

Notwithstanding my many years of FS9 experience, I'm about to give up on this one but before I throw in my towel I would like to see if any of you out there have any ideas.

Regards and happy new year to all.

Hans

As a test, temp remove the add-on airport and use the default. Then watch this AI plane land again and see if it does its thing.

What other air files have you used?

Post the aircraft.cfg file.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

I've tried other AIR files to no avail and this particular AI Phantom remains a typical AI plane, with nothing obviously deviating from any of my other AI planes.

Hi Hans, this will be a contact points fault which, as you know, are in the aircraft.cfg file.

Try swapping the .cfg file as well and that should cure it.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Guys and thanks for your reactions.

I've tried to temp de-activate the LTBA airport ----> same problem.

I've tried the default Learjet AIR file ----> same problem.

I've waited for hours at the departure airport for this problem Phantom to return ----> same problem there as well.

Yes Tim, I agree with you 100%. I'm was also convinced right from the begining that it just must be a bug of some kind in the plane's aircraft.cfg so, as an ego wrenching last resort I replaced the complete AI Phantom's aircraft.cfg data section by that from my flyable Phantom. After that I spent about an hour with editing the contact points and the lights sections and .... Abacadabera .... problem solved !! This AI Phantom now no longer does it's disappearing act through the runway it had just landed on.

Thanks again guys.

Hans

Archived