World of ai issues

Prostock

So, previous post was helpful but need to resolve more issues. FSX-SE is what I am running.

I've uninstalled WOAI totally as far as I can tell. My plan is to go to WOAI and re-download selected liveries and start fresh.....

FIRST: I need to know why I'm getting the information screened below & HOW TO Remove it from my PC before I can move forward.

I ran the AIFP3 program "Bulk Traffic" Missing Aircraft Used in Traffic Files. Commonsense says, If you remove all WOAI Files, then when this program is run, it should show BLANK, ZERO, NAHDA, RIGHT????? The results of running this was appx. 200 Planes or Flight Plans, I've only shown 2 screen shots of results.

Also, Note the JFAI, I was told this is Just Flight AI - I've never owned any JFAI other than a Just Flight Vulcan I installed & Removed. It was only a plane.

The Second To Last Screen Shot is what is in the Scenery/World/Scenery Folder of my FSX Main Root.

I'm totally confused with this stuff & I need your assistance, Please make it as simple as possible. Thank you in advance.

PLEASE NOTE: What I'm trying to accomplish is just a Clean Install of WOAI planes that work & doesn't have issues with. I don't care where they are going or even if they get there.

1.png

02.png

2.png

4.png

5.png

If you've removed all the WoAI traffic files (those beginning with Traffic_000_WoA) the ONLY traffic files you should be left with are these three default files:

trafficAircraft.bgl

trafficBoats.bgl

trafficCarriers.bgl (maybe available in Acceleration only)

It doesn't matter when or where the JFAI files came from, you need to remove them and any other files with "traffic" in their filename except for the above three default files.

Your Grumman Goose folder is missing it's default texture files, or their entries are missing from the Grumman Goose aircraft.cfg, or both.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

If you've removed all the WoAI traffic files (those beginning with Traffic_000_WoA) the ONLY traffic files you should be left with are these three default files:

trafficAircraft.bgl

trafficBoats.bgl

trafficCarriers.bgl (maybe available in Acceleration only)

It doesn't matter when or where the JFAI files came from, you need to remove them and any other files with "traffic" in their filename except for the above three default files.

Tiger1962 - Please take another look at my post as I was editing it when you replied to it. I added a picture of what's in my Scenery World Scenery folder. From my Screen shot, which BGL does Not Belong? How do I find the JFAI and remove them? I've searched my PC and come up with nothing. I reinstalled the Grumman Goose and that one is Fixed.

Thanks

Your Scenery\World\scenery folder is looking good to go, but it must be a different one to the one which has the JFAI traffic?

According to your AIFP screenies, they're in your FSX Steam Edition installation on drive F. You might want to exclude drive F from the AIFP scan if you want to keep that installation intact.

Well done with the Grumman Goose, I found today that mine had lost the contents of it's panel folder somehow - I've now recovered them from my disk image backups.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Your Scenery\World\scenery folder is looking good to go, but it must be a different one to the one which has the JFAI traffic?

According to your AIFP screenies, they're in your FSX Steam Edition installation on drive F. You might want to exclude drive F from the AIFP scan if you want to keep that installation intact.

Well done with the Grumman Goose, I found today that mine had lost the contents of it's panel folder somehow - I've now recovered them from my disk image backups.

Yes, good on the Goose. I had removed it & put in a saved folder to free up space while searching for the plane I want to fly in my library.

Note: I Removed the Ai-Traffic.bgl from the Scenery/World/Scenery Folder and all the JFAI files were not detected when I ran the Scan. As soon as I put the Ai-Traffic.bgl file back in and ran the Scan again, All the JFAI were detected. I need to have that file in FSX in order to see the Default AI. So Now what?

So I'm a little confusing because you said in your original Reply "It doesn't matter when or where the JFAI files came from, you need to remove them and any other files with "traffic" in their filename except for the above three default files."

You said "According to your AIFP screenies, they're in your FSX Steam Edition installation on drive F." This is the part I don't Understand because my FSX SIM is Installed on the F Drive. You said "You might want to exclude drive F from the AIFP scan if you want to keep that installation intact." What do You mean by KEEP THAT INSTALLATION INTACT? How can I remove them if I can't find them???

Thank you again.

The JFAI AI traffic is in the file named "ai-traffic.bgl", and that file is located in the folder \Scenery\World\Scenery.

You can move that file into AIFP's folder "Traffic files" and then use AIFP to open the file into its aircraft, airports and flightplans text file source components.

From there on it is a question of editing those text files with Notepad, then recompiling them into a new traffic file, which, of course you can name to your liking. What you do when editing is look for the aircraft numbers (AC#) of the JFAI aircraft in the aircraft.txt file, then take the lines with those aircraft numbers out of the flightplans.txt file, and finally those aircraft out of the aircraft.txt file.

I also noticed that your AIFP version is 3.2.15, development release "d". The most recent development release at this time is "s".

The learning curve of AIFP can be steep, but don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of it.

Jorgen

The JFAI AI traffic is in the file named "ai-traffic.bgl", and that file is located in the folder \Scenery\World\Scenery.

Thanks Jorgen, I missed that one thinking that the JFAI .bgl files were in a different location to the others.

Prostock: Since the ai-traffic.bgl contains flightplans for Just Flight AI, and no doubt other AI aircraft which you don't have installed anyway, you can safely delete it.

You can then install WOAI traffic and convert the .bgl's as before without getting any more unaccountable errors from AIFP.

Thanks Jorgen, I missed that one thinking that the JFAI .bgl files were in a different location to the others.

Prostock: Since the ai-traffic.bgl contains flightplans for Just Flight AI, and no doubt other AI aircraft which you don't have installed anyway, you can safely delete it.

You can then install WOAI traffic and convert the .bgl's as before without getting any more unaccountable errors from AIFP.

Tiger1962 - Your way sounds the simplest to accomplish. Ok, so I deleted the ai-traffic.bgl file. I thought I needed this file to have Default AI show in sim. I guess I don't because the Default AI are working fine.

Dumb Question. What does the ai-traffic.bgl file do? Where does it come from and if it's not needed, why is it there? Thanks

The ai-traffic.bgl has come with an add-on package which you've installed at some time in the past, and is nothing to do with the default AI.

The ai-traffic.bgl has come with an add-on package which you've installed at some time in the past, and is nothing to do with the default AI.

Ok, sounds good. I will start a slow Re-Installation of WOAI Aircraft unless you think there is something better for FREE to add more AI to my sim than the Default ones?

Thanks again for the help.

You're welcome, I've found WoAI to be the quickest and easiest installer by far.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Make sure that on the woai site you this time download the fsx packages.

The trafficplans from those are still fs9-type and have to be converted.

But the planes in those fsx packages are for fsx. So no black prop disks.

IL88pp - The problem with WOAI site there is No Packages. You have to download each one individually. Unless you know another way? Or maybe provide a Link. Thanks

Each individual one is called a package. (british airways package. The delta airlines package. Etc.)

download the fsx versions of each package.

Ok, that's what I did the first time and stored the zip files on an external hard drive. I still have them all backed up on the EHD but I'm going to go get fresh downloads & cross my fingers. Thanks for the help

You say you have never installed the Justflight AI package yet you have all the .bgl entries for it? Prob Traffic360 by looks? You need to check if these AI a/c are also in your SimObjects/Aircraft folder - if they are you need to delete them.

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

You say you have never installed the Justflight AI package yet you have all the .bgl entries for it? Prob Traffic360 by looks? You need to check if these AI a/c are also in your SimObjects/Aircraft folder - if they are you need to delete them.

Right, I've never installed anything Justflight other than the Vulcan Airplane. Never owned Traffic360 either. The only AI I've ever had installed on this New Machine is Default and recently WOAI. Not worried about it now, everything has been working smoothly, I've been adding more AI from WOAI. Also, I'm always working in the Aircraft Folder and have not seen any Justflight Airplanes or Files so I can't delete them. Also have searched my Machine with zero results. Thanks

In order to make those Justflight missing AI aircraft disappear, you have to:

1. Remove the flight plan files (the .bgl files) that feature these aircraft

or, if those flight plans contain something you want to keep, then:

2. Open the flight plan .bgl file with AIFP and edit out the aircraft you want to remove, then recompile the .bgl file with AIFP.

Jorgen

Archived