Orbx Global Issues

urlacherhits54

I only have Orbx Global and I'm having some issues. I've asked on the Orbx forum but no one has answered in two days. I only get two textures, either its green as July, or white as January. No fall, even in New York in late October/ early November. In Geneva Switzerland today, 12/20/18, the airport is surrounded by green fields and trees (attached). I doubt its that green there right now. Any ideas whats going on?

Thank you

Capture.JPG

Urlacher:

Not sure that I can help you very much although I have several Orbx scenery products. I had a similar problem with scenery that was between summer and winter. The reply I got from Orbx (Nick I think) was that they had a problem with the 'shoulder' seasons. So I just fly either in summer or winter and don't get any problems with the imagery (strange lakes, funny hills, square patches, etc). Maybe they've corrected this by now. Don't give up with the queries: they get lots of questions so repeat your queries and you will eventually get a reply. It'a actually a quality outfit IMHO and I have lots of their products. And no I am not affiliated with them - this is just a personal opinion.

-=Archive 1=-

I only have Orbx Global and I'm having some issues. I've asked on the Orbx forum but no one has answered in two days. I only get two textures, either its green as July, or white as January. No fall, even in New York in late October/ early November. In Geneva Switzerland today, 12/20/18, the airport is surrounded by green fields and trees (attached). I doubt its that green there right now. Any ideas whats going on?

Thank you

I think you need to understand what the FTX Global textures DO.

There are five (!) seasons of textures

Spring

Summer

Autumn

Winter

Hard Winter

The seasons are driven by:

1: Date

2: Weather

Are you setting the date in the sim to one appropriate for the textures you expect to see?

What weather engine are you using? You can only see hard winter (snow) when the weather dictates. Mostly, winter is dull and dirty green UNLESS hard winter textures are called by your weather engine

Please clarify you understand what you SHOULD be seeing, and that you have appropriate settings (and weather engine) to do so... what I see here in your screenshot is typical of a mismatch with texture calls because your weather engine can't decide what to use...

What does it look like at low altitude?
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500 GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS.[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived