Questions About FSX Area51 Simulations U-2S Altitude Problems, .air, .cfg Files

lmeirose

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well with you. I have a couple of questions for you regarding the Area51 Simulations Lockheed U-2S Dragonlady for FSX – specifically dealing with the altitude limitations of the updated release.

I recently purchased the U-2 from Area51 about a week ago and I CANNOT get it to exceed 60,000 feet without great difficulty. I have only been able to do so when I set a.) both the fuel AND payload to “0” and b.) the weather conditions to “clear skies” in FSX. I completely understand that the aircraft requires a great deal of time to cruise-climb to altitude, but other users of the product claim that they are able to reach altitudes in excess of 70-80,000 feet. Is there anything I can do? I have attempted to contact Area51 about this problem, but responses have not been forthcoming. I have also looked into modifying the aircraft .cfg, but I would rather not have to do that unless it is absolutely necessary.

As I understand it, and from reading other forums, the problem may lie with the updated .air file for this aircraft in FSX. Originally Area51 released two versions of the U-2S for FSX, the most recent iteration having an updated .air file. I have read that swapping the updated .air file for the previous one solved the issue. Unfortunately, Area51 appears to only release the updated one. Is there anything I can do? If there is any way any of you can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I’m just trying to enhance and enjoy my own personal experience flying this aircraft as much as possible.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Thanks again for your responses and for your help, mrzippy! I actually did see this and sent wilycoyote4 a direct message about the original .air and .cfg files for the U-2 today. Hopefully they can help or know someone who can. Waiting to hear back... *fingers crossed*

Archived