How to Uninstall FSX Steam

TKessel

After thinking it over for a while, I would like to un-install FSX Steam edition. However, I don't see it in my PC apps. I just don't use FSX anymore, and installing it via STEAM was to see if I still wanted to play it. But it turns out I don't. Also, I don't like STEAM wanting to update and run every time I turn on my PC. In fact, that's part of the reason to uninstall FSX. If I could run FSX STEAM without STEAM, I might keep it, but I don't think I can do that.

Cheers, Ted

After thinking it over for a while, I would like to un-install FSX Steam edition. However, I don't see it in my PC apps. I just don't use FSX anymore, and installing it via STEAM was to see if I still wanted to play it. But it turns out I don't. Also, I don't like STEAM wanting to update and run every time I turn on my PC. In fact, that's part of the reason to uninstall FSX. If I could run FSX STEAM without STEAM, I might keep it, but I don't think I can do that.

Cheers, Ted

You can run FSX-SE offline.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/626329820823274836/

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Steam usage...

A. what zippy said

B. Steam -> settings -> interface -> uncheck "Run Steam when my computer starts" (almost all softare seems to default to starting up when you turn on your computer - YOU have to turn them off)

C. In Steam window, Right-click on FSX; select "uninstall" in drop-down menu. Uninstall Steam.

D. CCleaner (free) "tools" > startup: disable Steam or any updaters

E. Windows Start menu > run "config.sys" > startup tab > uncheck Steam or any updaters

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

...........In fact, that's part of the reason to uninstall FSX. If I could run FSX STEAM without STEAM, I might keep it, but I don't think I can do that.

Cheers, Ted

Hi Ted,

As Charlie and Loyd has pointed out you can run FSX-SE (and indeed most Steam games) in offline mode. Only those games that are MMO require you to be online. You can also dictate how often and when a steam game itself is updated - including turning off all updates.

By default the Steam Client is set to check for update each time you run it - this is for both the Client and any installed games.

You can set the main Steam Client to start in offline mode - however, be aware that in this mode it will still check for Client updates and install them but will not run any game updates, By default a game is also set to update each time you run it but with the client in offline mode it doesn't unless you select to go into online mode.

You can further restrict how games are updated when in online mode by changing the settings for each game by right clicking on the game in your library list on your account page.

Regards

Brian

Steam usage...

B. Steam -> settings -> interface -> uncheck "Run Steam when my computer starts" (almost all softare seems to default to starting up when you turn on your computer - YOU have to turn them off)

Loyd

Thank you so much for this pointer. I only run FSX:SE in offline mode, but my laptop start up time had gone from 13 seconds to 39 seconds. I run CCleaner daily and malwarebytes and adwcleaner every few days; I am confident I didnt have those issues.

I'd been checking various things but hadn't found the solution until I read your post. This solved the problem. Simple offline isnt enough.

Thanks Loyd!

(4/16/19) ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop. I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, FSX:SE, Oculus rift, Windows 10

(Built 03/08): GA-EP35C-DS3R, Q6600 (oc=3.4Ghz), 8GB (4x2) DDR2 1066, Corsair 850W, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro; FSX Gold+Accel+REX+UTXUSA+UTXTAC+MegaSc MN

Archived