Plane turns automatically

lazorbeam

Sometimes when I load up a free flight, the plane will turn automatically both during taxi and flight. I do not have the autopilot or auto heading armed and always make sure it's off before starting a flight as it sometimes carries over from a saved flight I have. I have no additional files downloaded and am running the game as it came on disc, and the keyboard to control the plane. If anyone knows what I can do to fix it, I'd appreciate it.

Maybe verify the rudder trim and position is adjusted for 0.0 deg. Depending on aircraft, this trim tab is located different locations around the throttle quadrant.

HTH, Ron

pitch and trim.jpg

pitch and trim2.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Sometimes when I open a flight the rudder is jammed over a bit to the right or left, so I twist and waggle the joystick a few times to its maximum limits to free up all the control surfaces and they return to centre.

If you're using keys, do the same, hold them down to maximum one at a time to free things up, then later nip out and buy a joystick or yoke for proper control.

Also, check your flight axis settings. When I first plugged in my Saitek X55, I didn't take into account that because it was two sticks, both could report the same axis. I ended up with left throttle controlling pitch, right throttle controlling roll, a dial on top of the throttles controlling the actual throttle, and the stick itself fighting to keep control of the whole lot. A few minutes in the controls section and I'd fiddled with enough settings to get it working properly.

This was the guide I used for the settings. It's obv aimed specifically at the X55 but you can take the main concepts and apply them to any controller, I reckon. Basically it means isolating certain axis and events to certain controllers: http://support.madcatz.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/490

When you put the difficulty of the game up to make it more realistic, it does the opposite and makes your plane do things like start moving to the left or to the right for no reason.

:DAMD FX6300 6-Cores 3.5GHz, 16Gb RAM, GTX750 1GB:D

I still need to do some calibration...ã€=◈︿◈=】

I figured out the problem. It was the crosswinds (Whiteout mission). Problem was, I hadn't encountered any crosswinds in the missions and that's why the plane was moving on it's own. I haven't done many of the missions as I've been trying to perfect my flying and once that was finished, I started a free flight where I'm flying around the world. When I land next, I can finally get real world weather as I just got the internet back. Thanks for the tips thought.

Archived