The Texan in N.Y.C.

GBJim

Just a little tour of New York City, with a few pics taken from my T-6 Texan.

tx 1.jpg

Flying the Texan over Flushing Meadows, Queens, New York.

Tx 2.jpg

The Arthur Ashe Tennis Center is on the right, with City Park straight ahead, home of the New York Mets baseball team.

tx 3.jpg

Fly-by over LaGuardia field.

tx 4.jpg

Yankee Stadium. Home of the New York Yankees.

tx 5.jpg

Crossing the Hudson river at the George Washington bridge.

tx 6.jpg

Meadowlands Stadium, home of the New York Giants football team.

And of course, another flawless landing Video at Newark New Jersey, by the World Famous Ace of the Airways !

>>>>

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Nice aircraft, Jim, and the colors really show well. Pics are great, keep up the good job!

I just watched the video. It looked like you had another aircraft approaching to land from the opposite end of the runway! AND, he looked bigger than you!

Rick :cool:

Yes Rick, I was on the radio with the tower, and they waved him off as soon as they realized who I was. :)

That "other aircraft approaching to land from the opposite end of the runway that looked bigger than you!", that was me! :mad: And I not only "looked bigger than you", I AM bigger than you! Next time I'll proceed my landing and punch your nose!:mad: Yes? :eek:

Love your T-6 Jim. There's a better sound set available, I'll have a look where I found it.:)

"They waved him off as soon as they realized who I was" PAH!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you mean that during those 4 hours and half, I would have nothing?!! :mad:

I have worked hardly with my five websites! And thought about when I was going to plant pansies on my balcony. Etc!!!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

"They waved him off as soon as they realized who I was" PAH!!!!

This is a true statement. Check with the Flight Controllers in the Tower, they are still laughing.

giggles.gif

I subbed and commented btw jim, nice screens, is that for the alphasim or fsx one or is it an fs9 one?

Darren, it's this one by Dave Eckert. It's a real sweetheart, give it a try. - Jim

T-6G Texan for FSXA/Sp2

===============================================

FSXA T-6G Texan "civilian restoration"

Undoubtedly the most famous trainer of WW2,The T-6 is a big aircraft possessing a fuselage length of 29 ft and a wingspan of 42 ft the later being greater than some of the front line fighters of WW2, yet it has about half the horsepower. As a trainer it could punish as quickly as it rewarded yet once a pilot qualified in a Texan, they could qualify in any aircraft. Built using the fsx acceleration sdk with fsds and fsdstweak.

-----------------

Who did what

-----------------

3D model by David Eckert and Warwick Carter. Pilot 3D model by Michael Flahault

Textures David Eckert, Michael Flahault and Warwick Carter..

Flight model by Warwick Carter.

Archived