Sim newbie question (s) please!

Flyingwillie

Probably yet another reason why I won't use X-plane any time soon. While FSX is pretty damn old, only single thread capable, and CPU-based, it still works well for what I do.

You might be interested in Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d. Or P3D for short. There is an asinine EULA, but many ignore it. And a lot of add-on Devs are moving toward P3D and X-plane.

I have X-Plane 11 but prefer FSX Steam Edition to it. The left movement of my little C172 on the runway in X-Plane is just ridiculous. I have very little experience with flight sims and no experience IRL. But I just can't believe the amount of movement rolling down the runway, and the amount of fight necessary to keep it on the runway, is realistic. It certainly isn't any fun.

zswobbie1's suggestion of trying XPUIPC might be a good way to go. I don't use it or FSUIPC but I have heard great things about them. It would be unfortunate if you weren't able to use your pedals. I know they weren't cheap.

Good luck... keep us posted.

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Archived