RTW Retro Flight #100 Paris to Nice . . . 1960

NMLW

Air France flight 2743 is a Breguet 763 Provence on a flight from Paris, Orly to Nice, Cote d’Azur (LFPO - LFMN). There are 59 tourist class passengers on the upper deck and 48 second class passengers on the lower deck. We have 1,700 gallons of fuel on board for the 365 nm flight of about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Moderate rain and heavy to moderate cloud cover up to 12,000 feet is reported. We will be cruising at an altitude of 15,500 feet.

Thanks to:

Aircraft: Breguet 763 Provence “Deux Ponts” (double decker). The model and panel is by Christian Daboudet. The 1955 Air France effects and textures are by Barneybigard.

Propliner AI & Traffic: CalClassic & FS Aviator - Tom Gibson, Mike Stevens, Jason Krogmann, Manuel Jagmann, Bill Towers, Nikko Yaginuma, Richard Wright, Frederick Coleman, Dave Jones, Paul Haak, Marty Lochmiller, Ake Lindberg, Harland Sandberg, Richard Wright and Gary Harper. At www.calclassic.com

Scenery and Add-ons: MS FS2004 v9.1 Standard and:

- Paris Orly airport from the 1961 scenery package by Harry Biard, Nikko Yaginuma, Jaap de Baare, Wolfgang Gersch, Tom Gibson and Bernard Leuenberger at www.calclassic.com

- Nice Cote d’Azur airport from the 1960 scenery package by Harry Biard, Johan Dees, Jaap de Baare, Wolfgang Gersch, Nikko Yaginuma and Tom Gibson at www.calclassic.com

- Air France 1960 timetable from the collection of Diederik R. Vels Heijn at www.timetableimages.com

- Rwy12 and EZ Static Object and Scenery Libraries. At www.flightsim.com

- FS2004 Classic Scenery Libraries v4a by Wolfgang Gersch. At www.flightsim.com

- REX FS9 w/Overdrive & SP5.

- Flight One Ground Environment Pro II

- FS Genesis UT Europe.

Click to Enlarge . . . . . .

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_01.jpg

1. Air France timetable 15 August – 30 September, 1960.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_02.jpg

2. Flight plan filed, cockpit checks completed, passengers boarded and engines started.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_03.jpg

3. Taxiing out to runway 2 for departure.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_04.jpg

4. Holding at runway 2 for takeoff clearance.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_05.jpg

5. We are in the air and retracting the gear.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_06.jpg

6. Turning on a course of 148 degrees for Nice with the Eiffel Tower off our left side.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_07.jpg

7. Climbing through 4,000 feet over the southwestern suburbs of Paris with the River Seine below.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_08.jpg

8. We are out of the rain and heavy clouds passing through 13,500 feet about 25 nm from Paris.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_09.jpg

9. Cruising in clear skies at our assigned altitude of 15,500 feet.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_10.jpg

10. Now over Burgundy we see the city of Mâcon on the west bank of the River Saône below.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_11.jpg

11. With the town of Lagnieu and the River Rhône below we see the Rhône Alps ahead. The city of Lyon is about 20 nm off our right wing.

More in the reply . . . . . . . . .

Larry

Click to Enlarge . . . . . .

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_12.jpg

12. We are about 60 nm into the Rhone Alps.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_13.jpg

13. We see Lake Serre-Ponçon below near Embrun.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_14.jpg

14. Passing over the Ubaye Valley and river of the same name.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_15.jpg

15. Descending through 9,000 feet we see the River Var near Guillaumes.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_16.jpg

16. Descending through 4,000 feet we turn to intercept our approach to Nice, Cote d’Azur.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_17.jpg

17. Gear down and flaps full we line up our approach to runway 4.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_18.jpg

18. Descending through 500 feet we are lined up on short final.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_19.jpg

19. Touchdown.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_20.jpg

20. Taxiing to the gate. Not much traffic this time of the morning.

Breguet 763 Provence_Air France_21.jpg

21. Parked at the gate, engines and systems shut down and passengers disembarked. Thanks for flying Air France.

Larry

Great flight over France! Much fine to follow! I saw you fly over Burgundy, fine! :cool: , and that Nice was a smaller airport than the one I fly nowadays!
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Larry - Nice presentation of this aircraft and scenery! I've seen one of these aircraft before! I do like the panel layout of it. 2 tachs 2 MP's. the way it should be. I just downloaded the B-24 Liberator, nice flying 4 engine aircraft, however, all they have for power instrumentation is 4 tachs and they don't seem to want to run right! The panel on this aircraft is well layed out!

Thanks for sharing! Rick :cool:

Archived