Need help: DeHaviland Sea Hornet

PhantomTweak

I have DL'd the "DeHavilland DH 103 Sea Hornet NF21 for Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration" (DeHavilland Sea Hornet.zip), but there is no sort of documentation on the aircraft, such as best range cruise MP and RPM, Best climb settings etc. There are also a number of unmarked but active switches in the VC, and they show no "Help" info when moused-over. Additionally, the plane only uses from one pair of tanks, near as I can tell the "drop" tanks, but I can't see any way to switch to the other tanks (Center, RWing, LWing, etc).

ANY help would be awesome, PLEASE!

Thanks in advance

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Have you played with the fuel switches at all? I set the 2 external tanks to 5% fuel load and the rest to 50%. With the middle and right switch turned on, after the external tanks went dry, fuel was drawn from the remaining tanks.

Sea Hornet.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Where did you get it from? If it's freeware it probably doesn't have the high level of detail and documentation that hardcore simmers want.

It IS freeware, SBK, from this site.

In this case, Mr. Zippy, I'm presuming from your picture, that DOWN is ON?

Thanks for the help, guys, I appreciate it!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

It IS freeware, SBK, from this site.

In this case, Mr. Zippy, I'm presuming from your picture, that DOWN is ON?

Thanks for the help, guys, I appreciate it!

Pat☺

I don't remember if I threw the switches first, then did the screenshot or verse visa.

No Sea Hornet on this site under it's name or any other. I got it from Simviation.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I found this: de Havilland Sea Hornet F 20, Pilot Notes: 16.1 Mb, uploaded 9/2014

https://www.mediafire.com/?fpcqwfgac7sybzv .

I opened it and got not response from my anti virus, so it's clean. Did not find FSX version (zip file name is wrong?). Still looking.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Looking at the instrument font it looks like Rob Richardsons Sea Hornet. You could try his website....just google his name.

I think the built in logic for fuel burn in MS FS 9 & FSX is to use Tip tanks first, then Aux tanks, not much one can do about regardless of fuel cock position methinks without some very clever .xml.

HTH

Keith

This was my favorite aircraft in last years RTW race. RR Hornet MK1 with SOH mods.

I climb starting at 2000fpm, then increasing keeping ground speeds above 300kts.

Cruise at 18500ft, full throttle, 3000RPMs gives best speeds.

Plenty of fuel for the 750nm max range.

Fuel draws from the drop tanks first. Little need to select tanks, they draw evenly.

For the record I found these two Hornet/Sea Hornet links.

The Bob Richardson one says it's for FSXse, I presume 'se' is second edition, whatever that means-

4 versions- http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page4.html

Hornet F1 plus Sea Hornet prototype- http://simviation.com/1/browse-Vintage-66-65

PS- Hey PhantomTweak, always doublecheck that any files you download are for FSX Acceleration and not FS9/FS2004 or earlier versions.

(but some FS9/FS2004's WILL work in FSX, we just have to try them to find out.)

(the Bob Richardson one says it's for FSXSE, I presume SE is second edition, whatever that means)

That would be FSX-Steam Edition.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Yes, these are are Robert Richardson's Hornets. For FSX-SE. Thank you to all very very much for all the help! I sincerely appreciate it.

PS- Hey PhantomTweak, always doublecheck that any files you download are for FSX Acceleration and not FS9/FS2004 or earlier versions.

(but some FS9/FS2004's WILL work in FSX, we just have to try them to find out.)

Definatly and unquestionably FSX-SE models, thanks for the reminder, though :)

I climb starting at 2000fpm, then increasing keeping ground speeds above 300kts.

Cruise at 18500ft, full throttle, 3000RPMs gives best speeds.

Plenty of fuel for the 750nm max range.

Fuel draws from the drop tanks first. Little need to select tanks, they draw evenly.

Fantastic info, thanks ever so! That will help a lot.

I found this: de Havilland Sea Hornet F 20, Pilot Notes: 16.1 Mb, uploaded 9/2014

https://www.mediafire.com/?fpcqwfgac7sybzv .

Whether it's specifically for FSX or not, it's good date to have. Thanx muchly!

And if I didn't mention you specifically, it doesn't mean I don't recognize and sincerely appreciate your help, for I truly do. it's always nice to see the outpouring of assistance on this site!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived