Horrible looking FSX

FLOTMANGOONER

Hi All,

Seeking some advice here please:

Recently bought a new PC - i7 8700K @ 3.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti . Runs X-Plane 11 superbly - getting 50+ fps without any stuttering.

Thought I would install FSX to see how that runs - I don't have the Steam edition but have the Gold edition on DVD - deluxe and expansion packs. I have installed it ok but just cannot get FSX to look or run properly. I have tweaked around with the graphics settings - setting them from low to ultra high, I have set the screen resolution to the max my monitor will allow (1920x1200x32). I have attached a couple of screenshots - one with my current settings and the other is showing the result of those settings - as you can see, it looks awful - clearly not at the settings I have . Any idea why it is showing such poor graphics ? Is it because it has been installed from the DVDs and not Steam ?

Any advice greatly appreciated please

Screenshot (1).jpg

Screenshot (2).jpg

FSX does look horrible without any add-ons, in both boxed and Steam versions! It's 12 years out of date compared to XP11...

Maxing the display settings won't help, it'll just give you lousy FPS as well.

Slide all those settings back to 50% except Special effects detail and tick ground scenery shadows.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived