AMD RX series or GTX 1050 ti for FS9

Darrin

Hello,

My older GTX 570 stopped working a few weeks ago and I need to purchase a new one. I was close to buying the GTX 1050 ti because I've been partial to NVIDIA, especially where flightsim is concerned.

However, the AMD 470/480 and AMD 570/580 appear to far outperform the 1050 ti on nearly all fronts according to user benchmarks - for the same or less money.

Should I stick with NVIDIA because it supposedly "plays nicer" with flightsim or is that just overrated impressions from fanboys? :)

Thanks in advance!

Darrin J.

I used an Nvidia card years ago with FS 98 and had issues with it. I then switched to AMD a few years later and haven't looked back. AMD is all I put in my systems that I build for people as well as myself. I have never had an issue with an AMD card using Flightsim. They get the job done and they are usually less expensive than Nvidia. I too have read all the hype from people with Nvidia cards. But I never switched back and I haven't had an issue with AMD. You can't go wrong with either one. But I recommend AMD.

I'm in the 1050Ti camp too - mine's the 4Gb version and I've got no complaints.

I've had 6 or 7 nVidia cards since 2004 and I've never had any problems with them, every new one has been an upgrade to a bigger/better/newer model.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Nvidia or AMD as far as I'm aware both ok for FS. It depends on the games you play which one may or may not be best. I used Nvidia for years, switched to AMD one time but found across many different games AMD just had more issues. I'm back with Nvidia and because I play many games I'll be staying with it. It's a little more issue free across the entire gaming spectrum.
Mark Daniels

Archived