G1000 - Difference Between Alabeo's and Carenado's

bmatt569

Hi All,

I posted a question about the differences between Alabeo and Carenado's DA 42. Mallcott kindly replied that they are both the same. My other question is, are the G1000's in both the same? Does Alabeo's use SIDs and STARs? Can it be updated with the latest and greatest from Navigraph?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

Hi All,

I posted a question about the differences between Alabeo and Carenado's DA 42. Mallcott kindly replied that they are both the same. My other question is, are the G1000's in both the same? Does Alabeo's use SIDs and STARs? Can it be updated with the latest and greatest from Navigraph?

Thanks,

Bill

They are both the same.

http://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/da42-twin-star-fsx-p3d/

http://www.alabeo.com/sitealabeo/product/da42-twin-star-fsx-p3d/

No Navigraph support.

No SID/STAR Support

Can accommodate Carenado's Synthetic Vision System

http://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/synthetic-vision-system-fsx-p3d/

Which can be updated, but you can't buy it only lease it

`3 years access to the WebSimConnect SVS Cloud service providing nine arc-second SVS database of the terrain for the entire planet. `

Mark,

Thanks for the replies. They are very appreciated.

Now, I'm REALLY confused, though. I looked at your links and the Carenado link shows different information than the one I see.

http://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/da62-fsx-p3d/

Now, the Alabeo sites both agree. Hence, my confusion and my initial question. I did understand that there is a difference between the two.

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mark,

Thanks for the replies. They are very appreciated.

Now, I'm REALLY confused, though. I looked at your links and the Carenado link shows different information than the one I see.

http://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/da62-fsx-p3d/

Now, the Alabeo sites both agree. Hence, my confusion and my initial question. I did understand that there is a difference between the two.

Bill

DA62 is not the DA42. The link you have provided is for the DA62...

That has different, and later characteristics, being the most recent release from Careanado, at the time of writing, including updateable Navigraph data...

I have given you the links for the DA42 in each site and separately, the link for the addon Synthetic Vision System. I can't do much more to point you in the direction of information to reduce the confusion. If you must click on the wrong page, you're on your own!

This is a different version of the DA62, by a different developer, and I don't know if they are developing a DA42 to go alongside.

FWIW, I wouldn't buy either a DA42 OR a DA62 from the developer you're talking about. I'm type-rated in the DA42 and the carenado/alabeo doesn't even come close, even after the Avsim mods

I most certainly will be buying the DA62 from Vertx on the day of release...

Mark,

After I posted my reply I REALLY looked at the links. Lo and behold, I was saying DA 42 and wanting the DA 62. Now, I feel like the numbskull I am! You are spot on with your comment, " If you must click on the wrong page, you're on your own!"

I'm looking into the Vertx DA 62 now. Good to have someone else's opinion on things like this (especially someone who has actual experience with the real thing!)

Thanks for the help.

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mark,

After I posted my reply I REALLY looked at the links. Lo and behold, I was saying DA 42 and wanting the DA 62. Now, I feel like the numbskull I am! You are spot on with your comment, " If you must click on the wrong page, you're on your own!"

I'm looking into the Vertx DA 62 now. Good to have someone else's opinion on things like this (especially someone who has actual experience with the real thing!)

Thanks for the help.

Bill

Bear in mind I have NO airtime in a DA62 - I came up through the DA20 Rotax single into the DA42 for my twin rating. But I can tell you by my experience with Carenado and Alabeo aircraft that they are lovely looking, but systems-light

Vertx may be an unknown name right now, but Sean Moloney was previously half of the late, lamented Real Air and I had every one of their aircraft, and will continue that trend as soon as the Vertx DA62 is released, no question.

I will wait for a fire sale before I pick up any more Carenado (and will never lease their Synthetic Vision System because I don't agree with the business model). Without it the DA42 is even less than satisfactory. I pointed out basic errors nearly two years ago using the correct channel, and only got a canned reply, and no fixes.

Having tested the Carenado DA62 at the flying club I can give you the comment from one of our pilots, who is an actual owner:

"It's sh**!"

A succinct summary! But then it's only at Version 1.0 and been out about a week.

Their fans will tell you it might get better over time.

The DA42 is at version 2.3 and it hasn't...

Archived