PR3D newbie - display falters every 3 seconds

jparnold

Hello again

Regarding smooth display I found the following youtube video which shows how to change the settings for an Nvidia card as well as changing some settings within PR3D when the monitor is set to 60Hz monitors (as I have).

In it the author uses NVidia Inspector (software) to change the following settings for the profile PR3D

Frame Rate Limiter - change to 30

Triple Buffering - set to ON

Vertical Sync - set to HALF REFRESH RATE

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Yes. Complete waste of time. Using software to make other software work better is a bit like walking in the middle of the motorway thinking "That'll slow them down..."

It's bound to end in tears...

As for the other thing: Have you tried scrolling the upper display? The Show Only favorites should be a fixed selection window in the middle of the left hand side, between the Vehicle selection window and the aircraft image box. If you have the Favorites applied to every aircraft selection that might be the consequence - try unchecking one or two of the default aircraft Paint1, Paint2 or Paint 3. That should see it reappear.

Hello Mallcott,

Thanks for your suggestions.

As you or someone else mentioned setting the refresh rate on the monitor to 30Hz (which I could not) I thought that using the NVidia card settings to do it would be a good idea. Anway I'm now not going there.

Regarding the aircraft selection screen and Show Only Favorites, I have tried scrolling EVERY area within the Select Vehicle screen and the only section which scrolls is the vehicle selection area. I have unchecked everything and still I do not see it.

Maybe I am looking incorrectly - could you include a screen shot of the vehicle selection screen on your system so that I can verify I am looking in the correct area?

Thanks

John

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Of course! The `Show Only Favorites` button was briefly removed in an earlier version of P3D!

So you don't currently have P3Dv4.3 installed!

I would suggest you sort that out first as on the first page you referred to P3Dv4 but never expanded on the actual version.

Install P3Dv4.3.29.25520, the latest variant.

Thanks Mallcott

No my vehicle selection screen does not show that and I wonder why. The only part of that screen which I can scroll is where you select the aircraft/vehicle. Very strange.

Maybe I should uninstall/reinstall

John

Before you do that -what is the exact version number of your P3D? Run it select help/about.

Also do you have ANY custom dpi or text sizes set in your system?

If you have the correct version, a complete reinstall may be best.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

The show only favorites is now displayed as I have upgraded to version 4.3.29.25520.

Are there any other noticeable improvements with this version?

John

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jparnold,

I had this same anomaly after a fresh install of Prepar 3-D 4.3 Drove me nuts for about three days.

What I finally noticed was...it happened after I installed third party add-on aircraft.

This is what worked for me: After I installed a new aircraft, I went immediately and deleted the main P3D config file. Then opened the simulator and let it go to the default flight. Choose a new aircraft, stutters were gone. Tried this on four different aircraft, worked every time. Even with good solid frame rates I was getting the (micro stutter) every three seconds. I am hoping this method might help you.

Blue Skies,

Aaron

Skysong Soundworks

Aaron

Hi jparnold,

I had this same anomaly after a fresh install of Prepar 3-D 4.3 Drove me nuts for about three days.

What I finally noticed was...it happened after I installed third party add-on aircraft.

This is what worked for me: After I installed a new aircraft, I went immediately and deleted the main P3D config file. Then opened the simulator and let it go to the default flight. Choose a new aircraft, stutters were gone. Tried this on four different aircraft, worked every time. Even with good solid frame rates I was getting the (micro stutter) every three seconds. I am hoping this method might help you.

Blue Skies,

Aaron

Skysong Soundworks

This happens when you install non-optimised aircraft (FSX built) into Prepar3d.

Answer: STOP introducing aircraft not intended for P3Dv4 into P3Dv4...

Archived