F-22 Raptor Test Flight.

GBJim

The F-22 Raptor is probably my favorite fighter jet in FSX. However, I have found the elevator and ailerons to be a little bit overly sensitive, and that I was over controlling it. This is not good, not even for a World Famous Ace and Hot Pilot, such as myself. And so, I took a few minutes time today to tweak some of the control surface throws. I reduced the effectiveness of my elevator and ailerons, and increased the effectiveness my rudder for better ground handling.

I then took a short test flight from JFK over to LaGuardia in New York City, and it worked out very well. I have enclosed a few pics and video of what is now a very smooth flying bird, and my World Famous reputation has been restored and maintained. :) - Jim

Video >>>>

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Jim, sometimes you got to just stroke these girls the right way to get them to behave the way you like! OOPS, I really do need to be careful what I say anymore! That's one thing I liked about getting old, you can most generally get away saying things you couldn't get away saying when you were younger!

Anyway, Girls, relax!:rolleyes: We are talking about the girls that we fly and enjoy! You wonder why we spend so much time at the desk?

Nice bird, Jim, take care of her!

Rick :cool:

I fly the same jet all the time, but I modified my cockpit and used jet sounds from a Mitsubishi something or other that was real jet sounds for that plane. The F-22 aliases with the Lear 45 which I thought was garbage.

Here's me trying to land at Myrtle Beach South Carolina during the recent hurricane Florence.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?313119-Why-you-don-t-fly-into-a-hurricane!

I haven't touched the control mechanisms like you have. I think in real life it's that saensitive. I've become accustom to it thus far. It's really easy to catch up to, and pull along side an AI. I did this all the time in FS2004 with the AlphSim F-22. You can see that here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?312831-Found-an-old-gem-I-thought-YouTube-removed!

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

As far as tweaking the controls is concerned, I usually check one or more real life videos of the plane I want to modify. That gives good hints to the sensivity :pilot:
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

I've heard that when the F-22 refuels mid air the refueler said they just pull up the the plane like nothing at all.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

Archived